Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

World's longest golf course opens

SkinnedAussie

In Australia

THE world's longest golf course has officially opened in Australia.

The Nullarbor Links will test the patience and stamina of everyone who plays it - because it stretches along 1367km between Ceduna and Kalgoorlie.

The holes are positioned near petrol stations and motels along the mostly deserted and featureless highway.

The holes include Dingo's Den and Border Kangaroo.

The Wombat Hole at Nundroo is so called because the area contains around 2.5 million hairy-nosed Wombats.

Road signs warn motorists to beware of stray kangaroos and wild camels which roam the area.

That's not a golf course... That's a bunch of single holes spread out across a highway...

Although the journey would be interesting... I'd rather play 18 courses in that span rather than 18 holes... (That is if people that use the metric system play 18 holes... it might be 19.3 holes... I dunno)

OK, I thought each hole was going to be some ridiculous length, Par 40 or something. But it turns out each hole is a normal length, there is just a lot of distance between holes. Lame. Unless you don't mind spending all your time driving (in a car that is).

Archived