Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How would a Gibbs/Dungy leadership team go over?

jarresc

Personally, I think we'd get back some of the respectability that has flown out of organization rather quickly. The PR problem this Team is facing is almost as bad as the product on the field. My take on this setup:

First thing.......Vinny out! (I know that is a biggie and might not fly w/ Danny)

but....

Gibbs back as President of Football Operations, builds a reputable team of scouts and advisors and handles all personnel based decisions.

Dungy hires his staff and coaches the team.

It seems to me that these two would work quite well together, based on their demeanors and overall professionalism. Not to mention, both have an incredible work ethic and are very well respected by players, agents, fans, and ownership.

Gibbs gets to build/revamp the organization, which he has proven to be very successful at doing with NASCAR and, to some extent, here with the Redskins.

Danny needs to move Vinny out and lose his allegiance to him. He respects and trust Gibbs.....so let him have the reins and run the team. Danny can then "get out of the way" and let these two succeed.

Thoughts?

:logo:

Its all about getting the right people on the bus! Gibbs is an excellent judge of character and talent. He's proven it in building three successful NASCAR teams in an area out of his "comfort zone."

Gibbs was just a race fan.....he doesn't know the first thing about racing cars. He just hired the right people and got out of the way!

Snyder can't keep going back to Gibbs as a crutch. I love Gibbs, and I love that he gave an organization in disarray 4 years of solidity (even if it wasn't spectacular). Eventually Snyder has to figure it out on his own, he can't keep luring back a retiree who's 20 years past his glory days in football to try to fix his messes. I don't have much faith that Snyder will be able to fix his mess on his own, but that's what he'll have to do.

Snyder can't keep going back to Gibbs as a crutch. I love Gibbs, and I love that he gave an organization in disarray 4 years of solidity (even if it wasn't spectacular). Eventually Snyder has to figure it out on his own, he can't keep luring back a retiree who's 20 years past his glory days in football to try to fix his messes. I don't have much faith that Snyder will be able to fix his mess on his own, but that's what he'll have to do.

Exactly. Leave Gibbs out of this.

That would be very interesting.

Like the idea but probably better on paper.

Gibbs is not a front office guy and Dungy is a great coach but he's done right?

He's got his championship and doesn't seem like he's got a lot of desire to come back.

Plus why do we have to try and recycle old established coaches?

Really doesn't seem to be the trend around the league.

Plus with Gibbs AND Dungy this team might get a little too pious for my taste.

Personally, I think we'd get back some of the respectability that has flown out of organization rather quickly. The PR problem this Team is facing is almost as bad as the product on the field. My take on this setup:

First thing.......Vinny out! (I know that is a biggie and might not fly w/ Danny)

but....

Gibbs back as President of Football Operations, builds a reputable team of scouts and advisors and handles all personnel based decisions.

Dungy hires his staff and coaches the team.

It seems to me that these two would work quite well together, based on their demeanors and overall professionalism. Not to mention, both have an incredible work ethic and are very well respected by players, agents, fans, and ownership.

Gibbs gets to build/revamp the organization, which he has proven to be very successful at doing with NASCAR and, to some extent, here with the Redskins.

Danny needs to move Vinny out and lose his allegiance to him. He respects and trust Gibbs.....so let him have the reins and run the team. Danny can then "get out of the way" and let these two succeed.

Thoughts?

:logo:

excellent post!!!!

I honestly believe ...Joe would be great at running the Redskins organization...I believe Joe would work with his coach...he would be a great buffer between the coach and Danny...Joe could also put Danny in check...tell him how it is...Joe also would not be Dannys yes man... Danny has a ton of respect for Gibbs...and would let him call the shots..not sure if Dungy would come...but I would imagine if everyone knew Gibbs was running the show we would not have any issues finding a coach who would want the job to work with Gibbs/Danny vs Vinny/Danny

I would also like to see Zorn become our offensive cordinator which was his job originally

Archived