Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Do you think the Skins regret making the Portis/Bailey trade

21MadFan

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

I never was big on Champ while he was here..we all saw how he used to get cooked sometimes out there on the field but he was a raw talent and I wasn't willing to wait on him..what I saw in Portis @ that time had me sold to go with the trade and not think twice about it..over the years I started to question my initial reaction lol but honestly I don't think management regrets that trade but I know I do sometimes lol

Hey, I love CP but the only way he's leading the NFL in yards at this point is:

1. He gets 350-400 carries.

2. The offensive line shows marked improvement.

3. He invents a time machine and goes back to 2003. He just doesn't have that explosive burst anymore. When he tries to reach back for it, he ends up tripping over his own feet.

you have good points...but it is a long season...dont be supprise if you see CP face on Nfl .com for Leading yrds for Rb's...atleast on time this year...IMO i think it will happen

you have good points...but it is a long season...dont be supprise if you see CP face on Nfl .com for Leading yrds for Rb's...atleast on time this year...IMO i think it will happen

I hope you end up being right. If that happens, we are in the mix for the playoffs, if not the division. :D

You're kidding, right?

In the 2006 playoffs against the Patriots -- intercepted a pass from Brady and returned it 100 yards to the 1 yard line. Broncos scored the next play, won the game, and stopped the Patriots from a chance at their third straight Super Bowl.

For the record, I also think Portis has made a major impact in a number of games in his career. Maybe not on the same stage, but the point is they have both been pretty darn good players.

no actually U Thomas caught up with Champ Jogging..He made him fumble..the play should have been a touchback:doh:

Portis is the first back to rush for 100 yards against the Cryboys ...Two years in a row:D

BAHAHAHA. This is pretty funny. This couldn't be anymore farther from the truth. Denver has gotten WORST on offense and defense? You seem to forget the year when Jay Cutler was a bronco? Sure, there defense stunk last year. They haven't been a complete team until this year. Or perhaps do you need a reminder that Denver is 4-0 right now? Orton is doing enough and not screwing up. There D right now is NASTY. There O right now is no better and no worse then our O in the past 5 years.

so you think Denver is going to be undefeated?

LMFAO ...Denver will go 8-8 this year ..dont forget children it is a long season:doh:

No, I don't think they regret the deal. Even if they did, you would NEVER hear them admit to it.

Remember, per Vinny:

".... we have a plan. We know what we're doing."

Now if you believe that then I have a bridge I'd like to sell to you.

In my opinion, the deal was a good one with the exception of the extra pick the Skins threw in

Yeah, it's really going to suck having a new franchise rushing leader.

That has less to do with Portis than it has to do with our offense.

We've given the ball to Portis 1,561 times. You give the football to ANY runningback 1,561 times, and that individual would be our franchise leader.

Based on averages, if you gave the ball to Betts 1,561 times, he would be our rushing leader ahead of Portis.

That has less to do with Portis than it has to do with our offense.

We've given the ball to Portis 1,561 times. You give the football to ANY runningback 1,561 times, and that individual would be our franchise leader.

Based on averages, if you gave the ball to Betts 1,561 times, he would be our rushing leader ahead of Portis.

So by giving Portis the ball we did our job........Right

thats what football is son...you hand the ball to the RB....I guess Jerry Rice needs to thank the 49ers for throwing to him....:chair:

Fletcher should thank the Skins for allowing him to tackle:doh:

So by giving Portis the ball we did our job........Right

thats what football is son...you hand the ball to the RB....I guess Jerry Rice

I can see that I am going to have to break this down really simply for you so that you don't get lost.

1. Portis only got the yards he has because we gave him the ball a lot.

2. Any RB would have gotten those yards if he got the ball as much as Portis.

3. Therefore, Portis is not special. He could be replaced by anyone.

4. As such, he was not worth trading a lot for.

We could have kept Bailey and used the pick we threw away in that draft on say, Micheal Turner. Turner could have produced at least as much as Portis. And sure as hell it is true that Turner + Bailey >>>>>> Portis

No, you are correct.

We could have paid Champ and he would have been perfectly happy to stay. We refused to pay him and chose instead to trade him.

I never understood why Snyder was willing throw ridiculous money at scrubs like Portis, Carter, Lloyd, ARE, Archuleta, Haynesworth, and Hall, but the one great home-grown player we had, Snyder balked at paying him. Same thing with so many other homegrown players we got rid of instead of paying who have gone on to be good players elsewhere. Snyder just always preferred paying other team's players instead of our players.

They chose to give Lavar the money instead, which in hindsight looks like the wrong move. Still I will never understand why Denver got the 2nd rounder and not us.

I also don't understand why Snyder is so willing to pay players from other teams, who have proven nothing in a Skins jersey and expect the same or better results. It has resulted in the come to DC and get paid stigma and culture which seems to have infected this franchise. Instead he could reward the players who have performed well for the Skins and thus set a precedent that quality play will be rewarded. I am just glad he paid Cooley.

Even though I think Portis and Haynesworth are overpaid, I certainly wouldn't call them scrubs.

Archived