Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CNN: "Barefoot Burglar" is stealing, crashing planes

MattFancy

http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/10/08/washington.barefoot.burglar/index.html

The 18-year-old man police call the prime suspect does not have a pilot's license. But he does have a nickname -- "The Barefoot Burglar" -- and a Facebook fan club, which compares him to Jesse James "without the murders" and exhorts: "Fly, Colt, Fly."

Police say Colton "Colt" Harris-Moore has been linked to crimes in five counties involving planes, luxury cars and boats. He's known to alternate between squatting in vacant vacation homes, which he allegedly burglarizes, and roughing it in the woods.

This kid is crazy. I would imagine it would be hard for someone with no flying experience to just go around stealing planes and flying them. But if its true, that's wild. I think its wild that he lives in the woods. Doesn't seem like his mom cares much about it all. Just seems odd.

it would be hard for someone with no flying experience to just go around stealing planes and flying them.
With any luck he'll be captured and locked up for a long time.

No, don't lock up such a child prodigy.

Rehabilitate him, and make him an Air Force or Navy pilot.

If a young kid with no training can fly planes that good, imagine how good he'd be if we trained him to fly a Stealth Bomber !!

He's a smart kid who has decided that stealing is the way lead his life. He's been convicted and sent to Juvie, but that wasn't enough of a wake up call for him. So smart kid needs to be locked up until he learns the very simple lesson that stealing=bad.

recently he stole a plane just north of where I live. its a popular topic around here- its crazy...will be interesting to see how long it takes them to catch him- he's been on the run for a while now, ever since he ran away from a group home.

Harris-Moore has not been charged in any of the plane thefts. But authorities are testing vomit found in the ****pit of one plane.

:puke: must have happened when he crashed the plane.

Although, if I crashed a plane, I would have :pooh:

"Your honor, I'd like to present Prosecution Exhibit : 'Upchuck' "

Harris-Moore has been on authorities' radar for years. "Colt," as he is called.

Somebody start a "Cult of Colt Harris-Moore" thread. :silly:

Archived