Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WEEK 4 Expert Picks: YAHOO!, ESPN, Sunday Countdown,Madden, NBC, FOX, CBS, et al.

iMeast

I wonder if all these odds-makers and folks picking the Skins have even considered whether Josh Johnson might spark the Bucs into a better performance this week?

I liked Johnson coming out of the 2008 draft --I had him up there with Colt as two "high potential" candidates for QB. Johnson's been quietly buried behind a series of less-than-stellar starters for the Bucs. But whenever he's made it onto the field he's looked very quick and mobile and with a good passing technique. He's got that 'spark.'

The point is that the Buc's HC made this change at QB to try to shake up things and pull the Bucs out of their doldrums. And if that change works out, the Skins might have a tough game on their hands.

With better production out of the QB, the trio of Bucs running backs (Ward, Graham, and Williams) could play better today. I'd note that the Buc receivers are also talented, with players who can exploit area around our linebackers.

I called the game 23-17 Skins, because I think our defense will be able to set up an easy score for us. But if the D plays like it did against Detroit in the first half and lets itself be outguessed -- this could turn into another nailbiter. This is another big week for Campbell to show he can carry the team, especially if it gets down to crunch time.

Who the hell makes these spreads? Do they not watch us?

Apparently TB is even worse than us. I stayed away from this game, because the Skins are impossible to predict. I almost bet the under, but again, impossible to predict, mostly from the Redskins side of things.

Archived