Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Silver Lining

rookieskin

Every cloud has a silver lining right?

We'll thread is to try and gather all the linnings together and see if we have enough to weave a plausable chance for a win next week but more importantly for a playoff appearance this year.

Malcomb had 4 catches and 41 yards!

JC had 0 Interceptions!

JC had Over 200 yards passing!

Offense had over 360 yards!

Defence gave up only 1 score!

Defense is pressuring the QB!

Special Teams is Playing VERY well.

Suisham is is 100%

NOBODY, and I mean NOBODY is overlooking the Lions next week!

Ok, I left a few out there, can you identify them and pluck them out, or is everyone more intersted in focusing on the negative?

Why are people acting like we didn't get the win? Seriously. Haven't you watched enough NFL games to not treat wins like they're completely invaluable?

I don't know about you guys, but a W is all the 'silver lining' I need, not to mention our defense played lights out and Campbell had a great showing- Sellers and Thomas both owe him TDs, and Santana Moss owes him another trip to the RedZone.

The last time we failed to score an offensive TD and win was the first game of the season in 2005 against the Dolphins. That year we went 10-6 and a playoff victory! Our offense struggled the first two games of the season just like our current offense is. But the difference between the two teams is the 2005 offense struggled to move the ball period while our 2009offense moves the ball down field but can't get into the end zone. Let's hope our offense can find its redzone groove just as that 2005 team found its play making groove. I'm encouraged to know that we can but the coaches have to lead the way!

I'll play along...

Our D rocked on the rams last drive. Big Al with the batted down ball and Rak with the pressure. Horton with the almost interception.

Earlier: Horton with the forced fumble, Rogers finally got his hands on a ball (okay he just had to fall on it, but still :still:) Griffin had a great game, including his sack.

Hunter (50% of our TD scoring unit after game 2 btw) with the nice boot at the end.

Rock + Carter with the forced fumble/recovery (okay it was taken back cause of Jarmon, but it was still a nice play).

Cooley with a great game.

JC stepped it up after last week. Minus that almost safety, I'm (dare I say it?) happy with his play.

Why are people acting like we didn't get the win? Seriously. Haven't you watched enough NFL games to not treat wins like they're completely invaluable?

I don't know about you guys, but a W is all the 'silver lining' I need, not to mention our defense played lights out and Campbell had a great showing- Sellers and Thomas both owe him TDs, and Santana Moss owes him another trip to the RedZone.

A W is good IF we are fighting for a playoff spot. This W MIGHT and that is a HUGE might be good around week 14 or so. Right now though it has a better chance of being 1 of maybe 2-3 all year. And well 3-13 might as well be 0-16 considering neither record gets you into the second season.

Not trying to be Debbie Downer, but we shouldn't celebrate when our QB has over 200yds passing. That should happen every week without question. When he throws for over 300, that's something to celebrate.

Not to be a debbie downer but Bret Farve has 265yds TOTAL in two games and his passer rating is 110.2% 2nd in the league!!

They are 2-0

Not to be a debbie downer but Bret Farve has 265yds TOTAL in two games and his passer rating is 110.2% 2nd in the league!!

They are 2-0

They're 2-0 because Adrian Peterson has rushed for 275yds in 2 games. Brett Favre has had little to do with how well the Vikings are playing. JC has also only thrown 1 TD. Drew Brees had 9 through 2 games. Our offense needs alot of work.

That's because they can run the friggin football.

Well.. there is your answer. If you can't run the ball and the opposing defense knows you can't run the ball it will be harder to pass for 200 plus yards efficiently because the defense will defend the pass. I'm encouraged because teams know that we can't run the ball and are playing alot of zone against our receiving weapons and we still move the ball down field. That's a good silver lining!

If they work on redzone playcalling this would be a very good team, they drive the ball and eat the clock, late in the game the D has been suffocating.

Its not like they can't beat any team (or lose to any).

We are sick of it because its the same song and dance as the last 5-6 years.

I think everyone had unrealistic goals for this offense out of the gates.

Give it time and they will get better in the redzone and when they do this will be a dangerous team and IMO will surprise the league.

But Zorn needs to get his head out of his ass first

This is what I talking about!

Everone forgets that every great season has close games and D & O sputters.

Another lining is that we are getting the kinks out of the way early, while our schedule affords us the "luxury" getting away with ugly wins.

Danny Smith is on top of his game and has his area performing well, this will rub off on the rest of the staff!

Archived