Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

how does zorn react to the media and fan criticism

chow184

now I know a few JC bashers are still sipping their haterade on this beautiful day. Even blaming campbell for the 4 runs and turn over on downs... :doh:

zorns redzone playcalling has been completely unimaginative.

do things improve next week or does zorn stick with the run run run/pass philosophy. it's also important to note the runs are always going left.

I think that if I were Zorn and one more week of 1 or less offensive touchdowns I would pull Campbell in favor of Collins. Not because I think Collins is that much better, but just to see if that increases the offense and we start scoring touchdowns. He has to realize that his butt is on the line as much if not more than JC's is.

I've been waiting for Zorn to improve every week since the Pitt game last yr...there was a bye week, 7 more games (during a playoff push), an offseason, 2009 preseason, week 1, and now week 2...and the same thing I saw against Pitt Im still seeing. So to answer your question, no....nothing will change

Unfortunately I have a feeling that Zorn wants us to be a dominant defensive team and a crappy offense. I don't know how I feel about that. I mean, what if Zorn doesn't want Campbell to throw TDs cause he doesn't want to re-sign Campbell? I know thats a crazy thought, but why else wouldn't we try to throw TDs both weeks?

I just pray our defense can stop a rookie QB.

I think that if I were Zorn and one more week of 1 or less offensive touchdowns I would pull Campbell in favor of Collins. Not because I think Collins is that much better, but just to see if that increases the offense and we start scoring touchdowns. He has to realize that his butt is on the line as much if not more than JC's is.

Was it Zorn's playcalling or Jason's passing that caused Kelly and Sellers to drop TD passes in the red zone?

He'll blame the execution, the corners playing too far back, the fans booing, and the traffic entering the stadium. Oh yeah...the pregame hotdog he got from that vendor just didn't agree with him either.

LOL. That was my #1 problem with Zorn last year. However, I just watched the interview on redskins.com, and he took responsibility. He said his playcalling in the redzone needs to improve. And he didn't throw any players under the bus. So that is a silver lining.

Was it Zorn's playcalling or Jason's passing that caused Kelly and Sellers to drop TD passes in the red zone?

What does the playcalling or Jason's pass have to do with them dropping the ball in the endzone. Does Campbell have to throw AND catch the ball in order for you to put blame where it is due? By the way...it was Thomas, not Kelly.

Far be it for me to be critical of Zorn, since I never played, but even I know that you run a trick play when they are least likely to expect it.

That Portis throw on the goalline would have been a great call if it was on 1st down since we had already established our penchant for running on first down when we get down there, but to try it on 3rd down when the Rams were already expecting a throw anyway was such a terrible call that even we fans could have called a better play.

If he wasn't already on the hotseat, this game and his awful play selection officially puts Zorn there as far as I'm concerned.

e said his playcalling in the redzone needs to improve. And he didn't throw any players under the bus. So that is a silver lining.

Well, it's a good start. But, this was a problem last year too. It begs the question...what the hell did he work on over the last 9 months???

Archived