Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Culture of Mediocrity/We CANNOT get out of our own way!!

RabidFan

Sorry if you deem this not new threadworthy but I have to get this off my chest.

First off, I am a total optimist in regards to my beloved Redskins. But....

We are just ridiculous....we have so much talent yet we have this culture of killing ourselves and having to fight two opponents weekly(the other team and ourselves). To me, I think the ONLY way this culture of thinking can change is if we bring in a proven winner and have that culture trickle down. That can only be achieved with a Cowher or maybe Shanahan/Gruden.

Danny tried with Gibbs but Gibbs himself didn't seem like Gibbs and he was spread too thin in being in charge of personnel as well even leaging him to second guess his own scheming and play calling.

I will always support the Skins and hope they make this season good and grow but since winning owners don't just change teams, the culture change needs to come from the head coach. There are few out there that not only exude greatness but demand it from their staffs and players. As we know with TO and others that attitudes are contagious and we need that from our HC and the players must buy in and believe.

Maybe if Campbell goes out on a rush and gets drilled but not injured, the rest of the Offense will see that and get motivated for that extra gear, sharper route, jump of a slant for an INT.

Sure players help but again i think we have enough talent in key spots to be sucessful in this league and in the playoffs hunt yearly.

I hate to think this but damn i'm finding it harder and harder not to turn the corner and see this type of HC change is needed to truly instill the culture change we need to where we expect to win and don't just hope or try to stay in a game so maybe we can be on the positive side of 5 or 6 plays that helps us eek out a win.

Zorn and Jason's futures with this team are tied together so if I were them i would go out swinging for the fences with play calling and deep attempts and not just be conservative and be unemployed in January.

Sorry for the long rant as its not my way.

We are just ridiculous....we have so much talent yet we have this culture of killing ourselves and having to fight two opponents weekly(the other team and ourselves). To me, I think the ONLY way this culture of thinking can change is if we bring in a proven winner and have that culture trickle down. That can only be achieved with a Cowher or maybe Shanahan/Gruden.

If that's the case, then what was the reason for Arizona's sudden rise last year? I'm not even sure that a Cowher, Shanahan, or Gruden is the answer....

I think Joe Gibbs picked the worst possible time to quit on the team, and that is exactly what he did. IMO, had he stayed for his last year, this team

would've been a SB contender last year.

In the first half of last year, the team was finally playing like a Joe Gibbs lead Redskins team. Zorn and the staff just decided to get out of the way (after the giants game) and not force his version of the WCO.

Since the second half of last year and so far this year, we have lost our 'identity' and Gibbs' influence on the team is completely lost. The two main factors for this was Jim Zorn's attitude Change (from being a humble guy that was just thankful to get his chance as a HC to getting too overconfident, arrogant and his stubbornness with sticking to his ill-fated decision to force his offensive philosophy on a team that was having great success already in Gibb's style).

The media kept mentioning how the skins were winning playing Joe Gibbs style of football, and the day we signed Shaun Alexander, our season was over. Despite Portis

being second in the league in rushing (and at around 4.5-5 ypc), Zorn decided it was a good idea to bring in one of 'his guys' to help fix somethng that was already not

broken, it was actually the driving force of the team's offense).

Now not only does Zorn seem totally confused and lost, but so does Campbell (the main reason Zorn was brought over in the first place).

Hopefully this is a season in which our defense builds great chemistry together and players like Hall, Landry, 'Los, Horton, Orakpo, McIntosh, Jarmon, Golston/Montgomery, Blades, etc. develop (that is a stacked group of talented AND YOUNG players...).

With the defense already better and much more talented than any Denver has had in years, Shanahan would be a ****ing dream come true (and perfect fit as well).

Yeah I agree with Gruden and he has fire for sure. I am def ready to give Zorn all year and hope he suceeds and carries us to greatness over the next 5yrs or so.

Shanny would work well with our players and Vinnie for sure.

how does a misleading thread title like this get turned into another "WHO SHOULD BE COACH" thread?? and with all the people getting banned for starting duplicate threads how is this thread immune. \\GO FIGURE

Archived