Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN: NFL fines Moss, Webster

RIPSean

Didn't see this posted yet , so here it is.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4485496

Tussle in Giants' win leads to fine

Comment Email Print Share

Associated Press

ASHBURN, Va. -- The NFL has fined Redskins receiver Santana Moss and Giants cornerback Corey Webster $5,000 apiece for their tussle during last week's game.

The league announced the discipline on Friday.

Moss and Webster struck each other in the head during the second quarter of New York's 23-17 victory over Washington on Sunday. Webster knocked Moss's helmet off.

Both were assessed personal foul penalties on the play.

How do they come up with the dollar amont for these fines. Moss and Webster actually were fighting for a brief moment and fined $5k, P.Rivers threw the ball on the ground and taunted a player was fined $7500 (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4485531). To me Moss and Webster had the worse of the two and fined less. Does the NFL spin a wheel, throw a dart at the board etc.?

How do they come up with the dollar amont for these fines. Moss and Webster actually were fighting for a brief moment and fined $5k, P.Rivers threw the ball on the ground and taunted a player was fined $7500 (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4485531). To me Moss and Webster had the worse of the two and fined less. Does the NFL spin a wheel, throw a dart at the board etc.?

Rivers was much worse than just taunting. He got the players mouthpiece somehow and threw it to the ground and kicked dirt on it. The ref looked pretty pissed so it wouldn't surprise me if he had words with the ref as well.

Rivers was much worse than just taunting. He got the players mouthpiece somehow and threw it to the ground and kicked dirt on it. The ref looked pretty pissed so it wouldn't surprise me if he had words with the ref as well.

You're wrong sir, it was his mouth piece he bent over to pick up and he didn't kick dirt on anything. Even if he did its not as bad as Moss throwing a punch is it?

I watched the game I didn't see him kicking dirt on anything but even if he did its not as bad as Moss throwing a punch is it?

I was watching the same game. I saw Rivers being a complete dick.

I'm pretty sure the officials are consulted in these affairs. Moss vs. Webster was just a minor fight. No brawling between the teams. The league may have even decreased the fine when they saw the two meet up later in the game, shake hands, and brush off the mis-understanding.

I was watching the same game. I saw Rivers being a complete dick.

I'm pretty sure the officials are consulted in these affairs. Moss vs. Webster was just a minor fight. No brawling between the teams. The league may have even decreased the fine when they saw the two meet up later in the game, shake hands, and brush off the mis-understanding.

look at the clips I posted earlier and tell me which is worse.

opps I'll fix it.

No need to. I did my due diligence and did some research.

Rivers threw the ball at the ground, took his mouthpiece out and said something in the direction of Oakland defensive tackle Gerard Warren during the third quarter on Monday night. He was penalized 15 yards.

After the game, Rivers denied that he was taunting Warren.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4485531'>

Rivers threw the ball at the ground, took his mouthpiece out and said something in the direction of Oakland defensive tackle Gerard Warren during the third quarter on Monday night. He was penalized 15 yards.

After the game, Rivers denied that he was taunting Warren.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4485531

My mistake. When the clip was shown I saw him kickin' up a storm and grabbing a mouthpiece off the ground. I never saw the goober throw his own mouthpiece and I assumed it was the Oakland players.

Either way, Rivers deserved what he got. He's been taunting without consequence for far too long.

No need to. I did my due diligence and did some research.

My mistake. When the clip was shown I saw him kickin' up a storm and grabbing a mouthpiece off the ground. I never saw the goober throw his own mouthpiece and I assumed it was the Oakland players.

Either way, Rivers deserved what he got. He's been taunting without consequence for far too long.

I'm not saying he doesn't deserve to be fined as did Moss and Webster but IMO giving Rivers a bigger fine for far less then the other 2 knuckle heads seems wrong to me. The worse the infraction the bigger the fine, or so I thought:whoknows:

Yeah, after watching that video Rivers was being a total punk. Defense gets called for this all the time. I remember Fletcher getting penalized for some sort of BS last season. It's about time they threw some yellow at the punks on offense.

Nevermind, I give up. You're missing the whole point.

I'm not saying he doesn't deserve to be fined as did Moss and Webster but IMO giving Rivers a bigger fine for far less then the other 2 knuckle heads seems wrong to me. The worse the infraction the bigger the fine, or so I thought:whoknows:

Perhaps the league is sending a signal. Plus, like I said earlier...

...at least Moss and Webster met up later and were professional about it after the fact. The Moss Webster tustle looked more like a misunderstanding gone wrong.

Rivers is REALLY good at football, but might be the biggest douche in the game right now... I've got a ton of friends who went to NC State that all say he was the most arrogant p**** they've ever met.

Rivers reminds me of the oldest O'Doyle sibling from Billy Madison... "O'Doyle, I have a feeling your whole family's going down."

He will get his.

I really expected it to be more than $5,000 when I saw that punches were thrown.

HTTR

+1

Look at what Texan CB Robinson got fined when he wrote "pay me rick" on his cleats. $25,000, yeah thats right $25k. Moss can punch 4 differant players, one in each quarter and still come out better then he would if he wrote on his shoes.:doh:

http://www.newstin.com/rel/us/en-010-018398636

Texans CB Robinson fined $25,000 has been fined $25,000 by the team for the “pay me Rick” shoes he wore during Sunday’s game. Robinson was given the fine for conduct detrimental to the team. ...

Click link for the rest of the article

Archived