Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

nfldraftdog.com Redskins draft Ole Miss QB Jevan Sneed in 2010 mock draft

bishtw

lol @ Dallas with the #32 pick. Snead is an interesting prospect. Depending on how he does this year he will probably go above 20. Watching him play he reminds me quite a bit of Cutler as far as having good mobility in the pocket, pretty good arm strength etc. But he also reminds me quite a bit of Cutler with some of the throws he makes. Some that I have seen would have been really risky in the NFL (even in college they were risky). Probably would depend on what happens here. If Campbell and Zorn go, and someone like Shanahan comes in, I could see them going with a guy like Sneed. But I really don't see him as a Zorn kind of guy with the way Zorn coaches right now. Very controlled and precise. Not really the type of guy who would go for the gunslinger mentality.

He does seem to have very good footwork and mechanics, though. I'm sure Zorn would like that.

lol @ Dallas with the #32 pick. Snead is an interesting prospect. Depending on how he does this year he will probably go above 20. Watching him play he reminds me quite a bit of Cutler as far as having good mobility in the pocket, pretty good arm strength etc. But he also reminds me quite a bit of Cutler with some of the throws he makes. Some that I have seen would have been really risky in the NFL (even in college they were risky). Probably would depend on what happens here. If Campbell and Zorn go, and someone like Shanahan comes in, I could see them going with a guy like Sneed. But I really don't see him as a Zorn kind of guy with the way Zorn coaches right now. Very controlled and precise. Not really the type of guy who would go for the gunslinger mentality.

He does seem to have very good footwork and mechanics, though. I'm sure Zorn would like that.

If I had to choose between Sneed and Zorn well,.............later Zorn. Don't let the door hit ya on the ass on the way out.

If I had to choose between Sneed and Zorn well,.............later Zorn. Don't let the door hit ya hit on the ass on the way out.

There are a few things that would really worry me about Snead. First is his comp %. Up to this point it has been about 55%, which is very troubling unless he comes out this year and puts up a 70% comp rate. Second, he throws a decent number of INTs per TDs. Third, he hasn't had that many starts. Unless he absolutely lights it up this year, he won't be coming out as a Junior.

Third, he hasn't had that many starts. Unless he absolutely lights it up this year, he won't be coming out as a Junior.

Even in light of Sam Bradford's situation? Also, remember, he's a redshirt junior who sat behind Colt McCoy as a freshman before he transferred to Ole Miss.

A lot of people have Snead coming out, and I think he will as long as he has another season as good as or better than 2008. If we decide to go the route of drafting a QB in 2010, Snead is my first choice.

There are a few things that would really worry me about Snead. First is his comp %. Up to this point it has been about 55%, which is very troubling unless he comes out this year and puts up a 70% comp rate. Second, he throws a decent number of INTs per TDs. Third, he hasn't had that many starts. Unless he absolutely lights it up this year, he won't be coming out as a Junior.

Unless he has a bad year, he's coming out. Remember, this is probably the last draft without the rookie salary cap. Juniors will be leaving college in droves to get in on the money of this upcoming draft.

He does have a low comp pct but his int-td doesn't bother me. I'd take him in a heart beat and if we could get him at 20 I'd be ecstatic.

This is his stats

Birth Date September 2, 1987

Hometown STEPHENVILLE, TX

Height 6-3

Weight 215 lbs.

Age 22

Class Junior

year team comp att pct yards avg td long int rating

2006 TEX ..26 . 49 . 53.1 371 7.6 . 2 . 56 . 2 121.96

2008 MISS 184 327 56.3 2762 8.4 26 88 13 145.50

2009 MISS 12 22 54.5 175 8.0 2 33 2 133.19

jevansneadsi1.jpg

I would just like to add that WalterFootball.com's Mock Draft has us at 16 taking Brandon Spikes in the first round and snagging Zac Robinson in the second. If that happened, I would be thrilled... HOWEVER, I would take an OL over Spikes.

No more Gators please!

Unless he has a bad year, he's coming out. Remember, this is probably the last draft without the rookie salary cap. Juniors will be leaving college in droves to get in on the money of this upcoming draft.

That is a good point. And it could also mean that it could be one of the biggest boom or bust years ever, especially for QBs. I'd just be really worried about Snead's accuracy. He seems sort of like a poor man's Cutler. Same good mobility and arm, same gunslinging tendancies, worse accuracy.

If we have the 20th pick I wouldn't be shocked if Snyderatto pulled some bone head move and trade away this years and next years 1st round to move up and draft Colt, Bradford, or Tebow.

I think it's a very good possibility that they'll do whatever it takes to get one of the three.

We almost did it this year but the Jets stopped us from tripping over ourselves.

Archived