Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anyone know a good plumber in MD

gbear

I need one willing to come to Odenton MD to look at the main water line coming into my house. What a crappy place to have a leak.

We have a hole in the wall where the previous owner must have tried to jurry rig a solution, but there is a slow drip that lands right at our sump pump (reason we have ignored for a few years). Now as we ponder trying to get our house in sellable condition, we need to look at fixing it.

Anyway, since we got our general contractor by asking on here, and he's been great, I thought I would try again before searching contractors.com.

Thanks,

Gbear

No. It appears the leak is in the pipe before the cutoff. There is water dripping from the pipe as it comes through the wall.

I have no idea where the leak is, but the water runs along the pipe coming into the house and drips as soon as the pipe heads up vertically (all before my cutoff).

I keep cringing because I don't think it's going to be a quick, cheap fix, but I have no idea. So far our waterproofing company (that said they would fix it) said they couldn't because it's not a problem with the house. They told us to go hire a plumber. Our general contractor doesn't do main line plumbing issues (or at least didn't suggest anything when he looked at the water coming through the walls).

My family has used Chuck, the Plumber for years. Really nice guy, subcontracts much more these days, but he's efficient, friendly and there were a number of times he came by and didn't even charge because of the nature of the problem. I don't know if he travels that far, but here's his number.

301 774 1452

The plumber we have used for years is WRF & Son Plumbing and Heating based in Mount Airy.

They do great work and don't charge an arm and a leg to do it.

They take care of all our plumbing problems, water treatment equipment, well treatments and septic tank pumping.

But since you live far away from the Mount Airy area, they will charge you for the miles it takes to get to your house and back, so that could cost you a bunch.

301-829-1711

410-795-0331

Archived