Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

For next Giants game.

warriorz

usually when hes "just slinging it" were down by points trying to catch up.

you should be able to see a trend there. unless you can name some times where he was doing this not in the 4th quarter down by two scores.

Actually I can. Try the Whole Dallas Game at Dallas 2 years ago. JC had a great game (besides the last min pick by Newman), 2 years ago at the Packers, 2 years ago at home against philly, 2 years ago at home against detroit, last year at Dallas, his rookie season against the giants last game of the season, last year against detroit. Thats just off the top of my head.

Anyway my point was that I agree with you that we usually "sling it " when we r losing. My point is...maybe thats one reason why we are losing in the games, because up until that point we are conservative then when we need points we open it up ad throw downfield. Try opening it up earlier and maybe we wont have to play catch up at the end of the game.

The Giants ran 39% of their plays from the shotgun last year and led the league in rushing

edit: link http://views.washingtonpost.com/theleague/smarterstats/2009/09/smarter-stats-covering-the-spread-shotgun.html

We aren't the Giants. A quarter of a second isn't going to make most of their gaps close.

I'd still like to see us go shotty more in passing situations, though.

Zorn feels like the shotgun handicaps their playcalling. It takes the run out of the equation and makes it harder to set the pass up through the run. If 75% of your pass plays are via shotgun, what does that tell the defense when your QB goes under center?

On one hand, he is right. On the other, get creative to find a way around this, because I really dont care. Go shotgun 100% of the time if it moves the chains.

Looks to me like when he is under center and drops back, he drops back too far and is out of the pocket. He often gets pressure from the ends coming around wide. I just want to yell at the tv for him to step up in the pocket. Seems like when he is in shotgun, he does not drop back as far and feels the pressure better.

This team right now is built for an offense in the Patriots style

3 wide, JC in the shotgun, Cooley doing his thing, Portis lined up in the backfield.

JC is much much better in the shotgun, you can interchane ARE or Santana in the slot, and rotate one of the big guys (Kelly, Mitchell, Thomas) on the outside.

Come on Jim, you know this is what will work best. Spread the damn field and attack

Gotta agree! CP can catch the ball out of the backfield it's time to start doing it. Scratch this WCO b/c it's not working at all!!!!!

Archived