Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Theismann Comments on Zorn Play Calling

Reaganaut

Spot on - Brady recognized the same coverage on both of those TDs. The first touchdown he threw it right to Watson before the safety could cover; the second he threw to Watson's back shoulder b/c the safety was trying to jump the route - now that's a QB that can read a defense and make the adjustment.

Brady made a great throw.

But those 2 plays are more then the throw.

That offense attacks.

They've been attacking for years.

They likely have plays that beat certain coverages, plays they know will get player X open at spot X at time X.

The playcall was designed to beat the coverage and it worked and the throw was on target.

Now,that second throw was a artwork.

The linebacker covered that play perfectly and Brady still made the play.

He fit that ball in such a tiny window.

Its like standing 30 yards away and throwing a football through a 6"x6" window.

The difference IMHO is that Zorn calls a play and hopes it works.

JC calls the play in the huddle and hopes the play works.

Until the plays actually start getting player X open at spot X at time X, the offense will sputter.

HTTR!

1218825323.jpg

I still have faith

lets go Zorn lets go JC!!

Believe me, I'm starting to have some serious doubts about Zorn as a playcaller. I wonder if he's overmatched; I wonder why he doesn't either **** or get off the pot w/Campbell (i.e., letting him sink or swim); and I wonder why the entire offensive concept seems to almost exclusively operate within 10 yards or so of the LOS.

I thought Zorn, as a former free-wheeling QB, would be the type of guy to really open things up and have an attacking, aggressive offense. Instead, he calls a tight game that you'd think was given the seal of approval from Woody Hayes.

I hear you Zorn needs to get back to his playcalling from the 1st half of the season:

i wrote this in another thread:

I'm still holding out hope that Zorn actually knows what he's doing.

...but i wonder what Mike Shanahan could do with this talent??

How would you rate Zorn as a playcaller/defacto OC?

Imo the jewel of his playcalling resume was the 1st Cowboys game:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-h...ell-highlights

the playcalling was aggressive and dynamic, especially in the RZ and on the goalline, what happened to that guy?:doh:

As a HC/playcaller/OC; Zorn is a very good QB coach.

As long as Buges, Gray, Blache and others are here from Gibbs' staff, Zorn will have his hands tied to an offense that he is not used to running....a very conservative offense.....Until Zorn gets his own coaching staff that believes in what he is doing then he will never be a success in Washington....

Archived