Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

If Moss goes down with an injury, who becomes the go-to WR?

TheItalianStallion

I think ARE would move to the x spot, but as some posters have said he would rely a lot more on Cooley. He seems to trust Kelly a lot, and if that continues in the season, Kelly would probably see a lot more balls thrown his way. One thing is for sure though, if Moss went down Thomas or Kelly would have to step up to take on the double teams and remain effective ie be a true #1 receiver

Do you know which spot(s) Devin has been playing in during practice?

Yeah, but only from sports media articles:

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/jason-reid/thomass-big-chance.html

Devin Thomas, the second-year wide receiver, begins the season in competition for the starting Z receiver, or flanker, position. Although veteran Antwaan Randle El and second-year wideout Malcolm Kelly also could start opposite X receiver Santana Moss, there are strong indications that Thomas is the team's first choice for a new look at that spot.

If figure i they're saying that Thomas is competing for the Z spot, then he's practicing at the Z spot.

Has he been practicing in the X spot when Moss isn't in for 3 WR sets?

I don't know.

But i think it would make the most sense because Kelly wil likely start at the Z already and ARE in the slot.

Archived