Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PFW: Bears RB Jones out for year

bubba9497

http://www.profootballweekly.com/2009/09/04/bears-rb-jones-out-for-year

Click link for entire article

Bears RB Jones out for year

The Bears got some bad news Friday after learning that backup RB Kevin Jones will miss the 2009 season after tearing a ligament in his left ankle in the first quarter of the team’s preseason finale against the Browns Thursday evening. The 27-year old Jones, who signed a two-year, $3.5 million deal with the Bears this offseason after testing the free-agent waters, is expected to take up to 10 months to recover.

No stranger to injury, Jones had taken over a year to fully recover from the torn ACL that ended his career with the Lions a couple of seasons ago. Jones was a first-round draft choice of the Lions who rushed for 1,133 yards in his rookie season in Detroit. With Jones sidelined, Garrett Wolfe and Adrian Peterson are expected to compete for the No. 2 RB job behind starter Matt Forte.

It was also learned Friday that CB Rod Hood, who had just been signed as a free agent by the Bears not long after being released by the Browns, was told by Bears DB coach Jon Hoke that he was going to be released. The Bears will officially announce all of their final cuts Saturday.

Am I the only one that did a double-take not realizing there was another Adrian Peterson who plays Running Back in the NFC North?

The Sports Junkies had a funny Donk of the Week on this very thing. Some guy who was picking #1 overall in a fantasy draft selected the Bears' Adrian Peterson, leaving the Vikes AP for the drafter in the #2 slot.

The Sports Junkies had a funny Donk of the Week on this very thing. Some guy who was picking #1 overall in a fantasy draft selected the Bears' Adrian Peterson, leaving the Vikes AP for the drafter in the #2 slot.

:doh: I would want to shoot myself if I did that.

If the rest of the league has any dignity they recognized the honest--albeit stupid--mistake and give the guy the real AP.

If the rest of the league has any dignity they recognized the honest--albeit stupid--mistake and give the guy the real AP.

I don't think that happened. If you're a true Fantasy geek, you know that. And the guy who picked second was the guy who submitted the story as Donk of the Week. Funny but sad at the same time. Wonder how the #1 guy will do this year. Hopefully he made some stellar choices with his other picks.

I don't think that happened. If you're a true Fantasy geek, you know that. And the guy who picked second was the guy who submitted the story as Donk of the Week. Funny but sad at the same time. Wonder how the #1 guy will do this year. Hopefully he made some stellar choices with his other picks.

Unfortunately, I am a real fantasy geek. If the situation happened in any of my leagues, I'd be ashamed to carry on without giving the guy the real AP.

Unless the guy was some yahoo who joined the league because they needed a 12th player chances are good he knew who A.P. was and made a simple clerical error. I wouldn't want to win a league in which someone was essentially deprived of his first round choice. Very weak.

Unfortunately, I am a real fantasy geek. If the situation happened in any of my leagues, I'd be ashamed to carry on without giving the guy the real AP.

Unless the guy was some yahoo who joined the league because they needed a 12th player chances are good he knew who A.P. was and made a simple clerical error. I wouldn't want to win a league in which someone was essentially deprived of his first round choice. Very weak.

But what is a fair trade to give him AP? His first choice was a scrub, and his second choice was 20+ picks later.

But what is a fair trade to give him AP? His first choice was a scrub, and his second choice was 20+ picks later.

When the pick happens you just say "Haha, dude, you made a mistake. You picked the Adrian Peterson who is a backup RB in Chicago." Then you correct the selection and the second person picks Michael Turner or Matt Forte or Maurice Jones-Drew or whoever they were going to pick before the guy made a simple mistake.

When the pick happens you just say "Haha, dude, you made a mistake. You picked the Adrian Peterson who is a backup RB in Chicago." Then you correct the selection and the second person picks Michael Turner or Matt Forte or Maurice Jones-Drew or whoever they were going to pick before the guy made a simple mistake.

that would necessitate the entire league to be involved, and if anyone is not present, guess who's gonna be auto-drafted?

that would necessitate the entire league to be involved, and if anyone is not present, guess who's gonna be auto-drafted?

All leagues I've been a part of allow the commissioner to make executive changes to this. It wouldn't even need to involve the entire league unless you play with a bunch of clowns who aren't interested in the league being competitive and decent.

Worse comes to worse, redrafting would be a better option that forcing the mistake to go through. Allowing the mistake essentially renders the entire season irrelevant.

Archived