Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

DirecTV Questions - Skins' Content?

redskns21

Hi, if this should be in another forum, I apologize.

Anyhow, I recenlty moved and got a new DirecTV setup installed. By purchasing the Sunday Ticket, I get all of their channels for free for 5 months. I've had Sunday Ticket in the past but have never had the Comcast type channels.

I'm wondering if I can get the Redskins related shows that those of you who live in the area get. Redskins Nation, Gameday, Zorn's show or whatever else. Does that channel get blacked out on gameday? Can you suggest any shows that I should DVR now that I have those CSN channels? Lastly, which one is the one that's most relevant to the Redskins?

Thank you much!

I have the DTV sports tier in NJ. All the Redskins shows except the postgame show have always been blacked out. And this past Saturday they even blacked out the postgame show. The sports tier on DTV makes no sense...they charge you for all these channels and then black out all the shows that people are ordering it for in the first place. If the postgame show is blacked out on Thursday then I am canceling the sports tier on Friday.

That sucks. I have had Sunday Ticket for a while now but kind of worked it out as if I was a new customer when I moved so I could get new equipment and such. Anyhow, I remember purchasing this tier in the past and having similar blackout issues. I was hoping that something had changed :doh: and I agree then what's the point?

The reason these blackouts started on DTV is so you would buy the NFL ticket at it's exhorbant price..

I used to be one of the ones who was hoping that satellite TV would provide tons of Distant Networks from each area and then eventually all I would need was the DC stations on satellite and I wouldn't have to buy NFLST.

It didn't take long for them to figure out $50.00 a year for distant nets compared to $350.00 for NFL Sunday Ticket was a no brainer for the fan.

So they got together and got congress involved and secured their monopolies through legislation.

Even after they have won they won't let DTV (and DTV doesn't want to) flip the switch for the distance challenged fan to even see the preseason games live or the sports shows.

They are all crooks! every last one of em.

I live in SE Ohio, about 2 hours or more away from Pittsburgh and the NFL Network airing of Pit @ Was was blacked out. And they were showing it live like a national game. The area where I live, there isn't a TV station within 50 miles in either direction and none that would show the Steelers. This definitely isn't a home market for them.

The reason these blackouts started on DTV is so you would buy the NFL ticket at it's exhorbant price..

I used to be one of the ones who was hoping that satellite TV would provide tons of Distant Networks from each area and then eventually all I would need was the DC stations on satellite and I wouldn't have to buy NFLST.

It didn't take long for them to figure out $50.00 a year for distant nets compared to $350.00 for NFL Sunday Ticket was a no brainer for the fan.

So they got together and got congress involved and secured their monopolies through legislation.

Even after they have won they won't let DTV (and DTV doesn't want to) flip the switch for the distance challenged fan to even see the preseason games live or the sports shows.

They are all crooks! every last one of em.

That's not close to being right at all. Games/shows are blacked out due to the regional market coverage who buys the rights to the certain shows/games for sporting events.

And the reason to why a satellite company cannot have multiple area coverages across the country is due to spot beams which is a certain coverage area that you are designated under and it's illegal to produce multiple spot beams unless a person lies in between 2 diff. ones.

Satellite companies do not have regulation over this

Archived