Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

so are they calling holding this year?

TGI Jef

this year i have undoubtedly watched more preseason football than ever before.

ive always watched the Skins games, but this year i have had an NFL itch like never before. thus, im watching 3rd and 4th quarters that dont involve Colt Brennan or Chase Daniel.

anyway - and this is not just a reaction to questionable non calls regarding the Skins - but is it just me, or have the refs been letting a TON of holding go on this preseason?

there just seem to be obvious examples on a constant basis, most of which involve someone coming off the edge to rush a passer. at times, some of these non calls have literally defied belief.

is it just me? of course ive noticed it in Redskins games, but it has been the same in others, and last night's Bears/Broncos game had perhaps more non-holding calls than any game ive watched this year.

any thoughts on this?

on the other side of the coin, the inelligible man downfield is getting called like crazy. hoping a certain center can keep that under control and, you know, not cost the team touchdowns on the road against divisional rivals this year.

I only caught part of the Bears Broncos game, but I was thinking the same thing. It seemed like the tackles were doing a lot of holding against the DEs (especially on the rushes to the oustide) and it wasn't being called. I thought it was just me.

It only gets called on Heyer.

:hysterical:

But in all the games I've watched holding calls have been non-existent. Mostly all real calls have been missing. The only thing that gets called is personal fouls from the sideline from coaches calling someone by their first name :silly:

Refs have been calling "ALOT" of penalties in preseason, not just holding. The officiating has been terrible in all games so far.

"ALOT" of those penalties have been against the Redskins. I bet after the pats game we have the most penalties this preseason.

"ALOT" of those penalties have been against the Redskins. I bet after the pats game we have the most penalties this preseason.

My amateur compilation:

Most:

Titans 63

Cowboys 60

Texans 58

Jaguars 58

Redskins 57

Bills 56

Packers 56

Raiders 54

Vikings 52

Bucs 51

Least:

Chargers 31

Seahawks 31

Panthers 32

Falcons 34

49ers 34

Rams 35

Broncos 35

I don't know, I think the Ravens offensive lineman have you beat.

I doubt the 'Skins will have most penalties; it will probabaly be all the teams that have to face the Patriots and the Colts.

Archived