Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Kelly & Thomas: Show Me-the fact threadUPDATE w/STATS

artmonkforHOF

Man, how ya ever gonna know anything about guys when our drives stall after 6 or 7 plays? And why do they stall: errant passes or because Zorn is putting people like Hagans in along with the real receivers.

Let Hagans play in the 4th quarter mop up and then he can make all the mistakes he wants to after everyone is on the way home. But lets try to move the ball on a real drive in the first half by having Moss finally get on the field along with Kelly and Thomas and A.R.E in a 4 wideout formation.

Mix and match those 4 on several drives and then and ONLY then will we know what to expect in September.

p.s. I would also like to see Hackett play more with Campbell as well because he may be better in this offense than Thomas since D.J. has been in the West Coast for several years.

Fact: This thread was created 26 days before the Redskin's season opener.

Opinion: Too early... too early.

count the number of threads and articles about Kelly &/or Thomas just on this board alone, and you will see what prompted me to start this thread. These guys have barely played yet they are written about in the preseason like Jerry Rice entering his final season.

count the number of threads and articles about Kelly &/or Thomas just on this board alone, and you will see what prompted me to start this thread. These guys have barely played yet they are written about in the preseason like Jerry Rice entering his final season.

No they're not. They being written about as the possible contributors to the offense they were drafted to be. Obviously this generates excitement. Make sure that this thread is for what you originally said it was for and not just a reason to beat the hell out of the 2 receivers.

Here's a fact. They've played one year.

Here's another fact. Some players take longer than others to develop.

Here's another fact. This message board already has such an exorbitant amount of cynics, pompous know-it-alls and chicken littles that I'm beginning to think it's an appropriate sample of the entire fanbase.

^^POMPOUS KNOW-IT-ALL ALERT!!!!!^^

:hysterical:

• 1 month later...

Here are the stats for Kelly & Thomas after 2 games.

Thomas- 0 catches for 0 yards, 1 rush for 0 yards. thanks for coming out.

Kelly 5 catches for 47 yards. Nice, but hardly what you would call good for a "#2 WR" He did make a decent block on Portis' first run vs the Giants, so lets throw that into the mix since there really is not much else.

The sad fact is our #1 WR- Moss, has 5 catches for 41 yards, so I guess you could argue Kelly is "producing" more than our #1 WR :doh: and NOBODY expected that to happen.

So I guess I was wrong about Kelly, he clearly is a better WR than Moss at this point.

A few scary stats I saw was that Fred Davis has 1 catch for -2 yards (thats right negative 2) but has 6 yards after the catch. WTF? how to you throw to your TE who is 8 yards behind the line of scrimmage? did he run onto the field late or something? it happened in the 3rd qtr vs the Rams.

At least Yahoo Sports has replaced Hunter Smith as our leader in TD's with Chris Cooley (btw they are tied with 1)

No they're not. They being written about as the possible contributors to the offense they were drafted to be. Obviously this generates excitement. Make sure that this thread is for what you originally said it was for and not just a reason to beat the hell out of the 2 receivers.

Stats posted above, see for yourself.

Archived