Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Since I don't have the time, can somebody set this guy straight...

EvilMonkeyBoy

http://forums.theganggreen.com/index.php?act=ST&f=1&t=7336

According to JetMedic-

I think Norv Turner will be given the HC job. The Dolphins have had trouble on O for a bit now and Norv is a very good OC and was an Offense-geared Head Coach. I think Norv was given a raw deal in Washington and never really had the pieces to work with, including SEVERAL big-time busts.

Please, show this idiot the light, I have to go out to dinner.

The Dolphins know full well why they KEPT Wandstat at the helm and Norv in his place, if you want to call it that. The fans will decimate his house, run him out of Miami and threaten to sue, if he tinkers with the Zach, Taylor and the gang. Won't happen. Griese will ask to be traded as soon as the contract runs out or even retire early. The fans would be Ine, ini, well they'd be pissed!

yea, raw deal - only got 7 seven years to do something and got fired for not doing it above average.

how many times did Norv as a Head Coach go to the playoffs - once

how many times has Wandstat taken the teams he has been head coach of to the play-offs? 4 I think...2 with Miami and 2 in Chicago.

I think the quickest, easiest way to show our misinformed friend here, how wrong he is about Norval, would be to look at how the Dolphins' season ended last year.

Now I might not have the EXACT details perfectly straight but it went something like this:

The Fins had the lead and the ball with VERY little time left in the game (pretty sure it was within the 2 min warning). The Fins RB was having a pretty good day (well over 100 yds) and a pretty good season (over 2K yds I think). You might have heard of him.

Anyway, the Fins have the ball deep in their own territory (within their 10 yd line I think). What does their OC call? 3 straight pass plays! The Patriots hadn't been able to stop Ricky all day, but with the game on the line the "supa-genius" Wylie Coyotee-esque (sp?) Offensive Coordinator calls 3 straight pass plays which result in a 4th down. The Dolphin punter shanked the subsequent punt, the Pats get the ball on the Dolphin 30 or so, score and win the game eliminating the Dolphins from the playoffs for the 1st time in quite a few years.

Norv strikes AGAIN!

There is a reason NOBODY has given him another opportunity.

Now, forgive me if I don't have all the EXACT details straight. I was sitting my happy a$$ in the northern Kuwait at the time and only remember it because it was such a typical "Norv" move that I happened to read about. However, I think I captured the jist of what happened that day. Anybody with mo bettah details, please elaborate.

Norv Turner is one of a select few HC candidates that seems to be given considerations despite a documented past of incredible failure. I won't debate his merits as an OC since he does have an established reputation. It is apparently shaped like a shoe that wedges into HC doors that should be closed and locked to him.

The other factor that seems to help him is he's a nice guy...and people want to give nice guys another shot. But he should have “caveat emptor” (let the buyer beware) tattooed on his forehead because Norv Turner is an inept HC. The only HC job he is qualified for is no longer available since Jerry Jones had decided to hire a real one.

I think Norv was given a raw deal in Washington
- 7 years; 6 more than Rich P.

and never really had the pieces to work with
- Because he couldn't draft worth $hit ! !
including SEVERAL big-time busts.
- See above...

not to mention... the Bengals job is already taken. He can forget ever being a HC again.

I'm far too lazy to head over to Ganggreen, so I'll just throw my 2 cents in here.

Norv is the current offensive coordinator. If they've been having trouble on offense for quite some time now with him at the helm, what makes this genius think the offense will fare any better with Norval as head coach?

Archived