Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN: NFL Sources say Vick to receive 4 game suspension

Stugein

True, you'd lose your job, but you wouldn't lose your ability to attempt to get a job. Vick being reinstated in the NFL is pretty much them giving him the ability to get a job in that profession, however it's not guaranteed that one of the 32 employers will hire him.

Exactly. You wouldn't be blacklisted from the the entire industry.

This is ridiculous. Vick served his term and has already paid the price, suspending him puts him at an even bigger disadvantage trying to get his career back. He lost a 100 million dollar contract and served quite a bit of jail time, how is that not punishment enough?

I really dont like Goodell.

4 games is nothing. His bigger concern should be proving that he's even still worthy of playing in the NFL.

wow! people need to get a grip. i am saying it was just dogs omg they making a big deal out of it and gave him over 2 years for it, and we as Americans support humans fighting in a cage please get real since when do people value dogs life over humans, this world we live in needs to be ashamed

Yeah. We're so backwards to let two consenting adults get in a ring, make money, and do what they usually really like to do. I can't believe that we have rules and safety precautions for humans while the dogs get none!

People do need to get a grip here. The guy didn't murder anyone people....I know the people who want him gone are the dog lovers. Let me just state that I have a pit and I'm a huge dog lover as well. While what he did was absolutely sick, twisted, and disgusting....the man served his time in prison and just like anyone else should be given a 2nd chance. The 4 game suspension is pretty stupid and is basically kicking the guy when he is down. I hope Vick straightens his life out and emerges as a key player back in the NFL.

I think he has served his time. If I was Goodell I would fully reinstate Vick and say you have 1 shot and if you **** up your done for life. I would lay out the guidelines and say if you break any of these rules your done in the NFL for life. This is also coming from me a person who values a dogs almost as much as a human.

I hate what Vick did but suspending him for 4 games seems pointless. Let him play or suspend him for the whole year. It's kind of like punishing whatever team decides to sign him.

I agree. I think his sentence was fair. Especially given that Donte Stallworth basically got a slap on the wrist for KILLING a human being. And don't forget about Leonard Little.

However, I think Goodell is wrong. He's done his time. And he's suffered enough, by forfeiting all that money he would have been making. Punishing him further is pointless, yeah.

Yeah...the federal gov't, like any crime organization, gets most pissed off when they don't get their cut. Seriously, who gives a flying **** if he ran a gambling outfit? The dog fighting was immoral, but not worthy of prison time. I can't stand Vick, but I'm so so so sick of demonizing the man for far less than Ray Lewis walked for.

Uh, Ray Lewis isn't a good example, buddy. He was proven innocent. Whether you think he is or not, well, that's irrelevant.

Good examples would have been Stallworth or Little. Not Lewis.;)

I'm not sure what the 4 game suspension is designed to do, other than to appease some fans. After spending a couple years in prison, do you really think the 4 game suspension is a real deterrent? Is that really what would concern him most?

I understand suspending a guy for wrong doings within the league (steroids, fighting, etc). On the other hand, if a player is doing illegal things outside of the league, then the decision should be whether or not you want them in your league period.

4 games is not bad as long as he can still practice. He'll probably be better off for it. I can't wait to see the most exciting player in football get on the field again. He has paid his debt to society. If you dont like it, sue him or get the heck over it. lets go Vick!!!

People do need to get a grip here. The guy didn't murder anyone people....I know the people who want him gone are the dog lovers. Let me just state that I have a pit and I'm a huge dog lover as well. While what he did was absolutely sick, twisted, and disgusting....the man served his time in prison and just like anyone else should be given a 2nd chance. The 4 game suspension is pretty stupid and is basically kicking the guy when he is down. I hope Vick straightens his life out and emerges as a key player back in the NFL.

I think both sides need perspective. No, he didn't murder someone, and no we shouldn't feel sorry for Vick. He still has the opportunity to make BIG money in the NFL. It's not kicking a guy when he's down. It's still doing him a huge favor.

Archived