Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Miami Herald: Shark dumped on Overton street....

killerbee99

A brown nurse shark -- found dead on an Overtown street Tuesday night -- has been returned to its natural habitat.

``The shark was disposed of back into the water,'' said Officer Jorge Pino, a spokesman for the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission. ``If a shark would die in the wild, it would be consumed by all the fish in the water.''

Investigators on Wednesday worked to find out who left the shark in the roadway -- apparently after unsuccessful attempts to sell the shark at a nearby fish market.

Click on link for rest of article.......

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/breaking-news/story/1152631.html

Just thought it was kinda funny, who dumps a shark on a highway...wow

Sharks....The only animals -- many of which are endangered -- I give half a damn about; though I think nurses are ok population-wise. (Like most of my positions, I care about them because no one else does. Well, that and the fact that they are utterly bad ass.)

If I would've found that shark, you can be damn sure I would've found the culprits too. ***holes.

Sharks....The only animals -- many of which are endangered -- I give half a damn about; though I think nurses are ok population-wise. (Like most of my positions, I care about them because no one else does. Well, that and the fact that they are utterly bad ass.)

If I would've found that shark, you can be damn sure I would've found the culprits too. ***holes.

I totally agree. I am a shark enthusiast & love these magnificent creatures. I hate the whole sharking industry & flatout refuse to eat shark because there are so many species of shark that are close to extinction because of sharking. I wish that shark had bitten one of those jerks in half before it died in their hands. What a couple of ****bags.

I have swam with nurse sharks a few times, very cool, docile creatures.

Now, as much of a shark lover as I am, I don't know that I could do that. I do think this is dangerous for both man & shark as it will desensitize the sharks to humans & can eventually lead to more shark attacks, which will inevitably lead to more sharking/less sharks.

My personal favorite is the Great White because it is so big & fierce & yet remarkably less likely to attack a person then many others, like the Bull or Tiger or Lemon. Gorgeous animals, they are. All of them.

Archived