Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

DB: The Man Who Knew Cheney's Secret.

JMS

This is all a lot of hot-air (and political grand-standing) over a program that WAS NEVER IMPLEMENTED. Ultimately all of this is a grand scheme to help out the very damaged reputation of Nancy Pelosi. It is absolutely frightening that someone of her personality and ilk is only 2 heart beats away from the Presidency.

The REAL STORY here that is being missed is this: Leon Panetta KILLED the program. How come the press (I know....asking the liberal press to make sense is craziness) isn't demanding an explanation from CIA director Panetta for killing such a brilliant plan?

It does seem curious that Panetta felt it was needed to cancel a program supposedly stillborn/non-operational since its inception. It also seems crazy that Congress got in an uproar over 'being lied to' for a program that supposedly didn't do anything.

One possibility is that there is more to this than has made it into the mainstream press.

Another possibility is that Panetta is just acting on the administration's behalf, the administration is coordinating with the DNC in Congress, and it's all just a political "much ado about nothing."

:whoknows:

Possibility 2 is most likely :)

Nancy gets to hit back at the CIA after the flap in May and score a few cheap points and put the media pressure back on Republicans, Bush and Cheney

The more Bush and Cheney are in the news, the better off this administration and Congress are

It does seem curious that Panetta felt it was needed to cancel a program supposedly stillborn/non-operational since its inception. It also seems crazy that Congress got in an uproar over 'being lied to' for a program that supposedly didn't do anything.

One possibility is that there is more to this than has made it into the mainstream press.

Another possibility is that Panetta is just acting on the administration's behalf, the administration is coordinating with the DNC in Congress, and it's all just a political "much ado about nothing."

:whoknows:

Yep they won't release pictures of what was going on behind closed doors in our camps. You think they're going to admit Cheney was running an unregulated Hit squad out of the VP's office?

I wouldn't dismiss Hersh. Every few years he writes an article and everybody calls him a crack pot, a few weeks/months latter he's always right. He's batting about 90% so far on the Bush Cheney era, and the 10% which has been unconfirmed has never been disproven.

All of this makes you admire Cheney's brilliance even more. This is a plan that deserved to be given the green light on....yeah, those assassinated Terrorists would have really been missed.

Problem is who says their terrorists? Our secret "terrorist" bases in Gitmo and around the world held children under the age of 12, for years. We also heald Americans, Brits, Australians, French and Germans who after years of being held as Terrorists many, were released back into the general public cause they didn't have any evidence against the

Also ever research why the CIA's had their "license to kill" taken away under Carter?

Problem is who says their terrorists? Our secret "terrorist" bases in Gitmo and around the world held children under the age of 12, for years. We also heald Americans, Brits, Australians, French and Germans who after years of being held as Terrorists many, were released back into the general public cause they didn't have any evidence against the

Also ever research why the CIA's had their "license to kill" taken away under Carter?

The same people that send the missiles from the predators now,you know under Obama.

Hey maybe Cheney is his puppetmaster:silly:

The same people that send the missiles from the predators now,you know under Obama.

Yeah and the Preditors never hit innocent folks.

Personally I agreed with Reagan. Have the capability, use it sparingly, give a few senior bipartisan congresional leaders oversite.

I don't agree with Cheney that he should get to be the decider.

I'm no fan of Dick Cheney but somehow I got no problem with CIA assassins. I'm sure every powerful country has them and I don't want to be behind the trend. :)

I've said this before in another thread- this is not new. We have been doing this at least back to WW2.

A very good friend of mine's father was in the military/CIA during WW2, Korea, Vietnam and all in between. He has stories upon stories of this type of thing. The one I recall recently was when he was in Korea during the Korean War. He would surveil a NK general every day for a couple months. They wanted to know his routine. Every morning at the same time teh general would look through his binoculars at the troops. One morning the general had to focus- and BAM- the binoculars exploded on him-killing him. THanks to my friend dad who snunk into the generals quarters and boobie-trapped the binoculars.

The other thing- didn't we have numerous reports of this last week- but those reports say the assassinations were never approved and never really happened- but the idea was pitched?

Lastly- I really don't give a damn. Terrorists want to kill us. I rather kill them first.

Yep they won't release pictures of what was going on behind closed doors in our camps. You think they're going to admit Cheney was running an unregulated Hit squad out of the VP's office?

This confuses me- It's Obama who won't release the pictures now- and why would Obama want to protect Cheney??

Archived