Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NBA Draft thread

royallypwned

Huh?

Let's see, the Suns who didn't qualify for the paloffs in the West, would have been the # 5 seed had they been in the East this past year. Look at the ascendant teams in the West: Nuggets, Jazz and Trailblazers. The Spurs and Lakers also make the West better, right now, than the East. The Spurs just got noticeably better w/Jefferson. The recent trades may be tipping the scales back but I don't see the East as better or even equal at the moment. Going purely off records your assertion is shot down.

See the final #'s for yourself here:

http://www.nba.com/standings/team_record_comparison/conferenceNew_Std_Cnf.html

The Suns were garbage last year. The Jazz? Seriously? The Trailblazers are probably a year or two away. The Nuggets had a pretty good year. But compared to past #2 seeds out west, they don't stack up. The Lakers were the only really good team out west. I don't know how anyone can argue that, really.

The Magic, Celtics and Cavs are strong. And all three will likely be even better than last year. And all 3 are capable of winning the title. Ok, so maybe not the Magic (that was for McD). No way the west is stronger. They just have the top team. That doesn't make the conference, as a whole, stronger.

I still think the West is going to be tough. The East is just top heavy with Orlando, Boston, and Cleveland. The Suns didn't make the playoffs last year in the West and would've been a 5 or 6 seed in the East.

I think Lawson will see a good amount of minutes next season. The Nuggets like to get up and down the court and Lawson has plenty of experience in that kind of offense. Plus he won't be rushed into playing because he can learn from Billups.

I don't think Carter is overrated. He's never been on a great team and has always had the pressure of carrying the team. Now he won't have to bare that burrden because it will be more on Howard than Carter. Carter can easily average around 20 a game. Its good insurance for the Magic if they can't keep Hedo.

The Magic aren't keeping Hedo. That should be obvious. And the Magic will not be as strong as last year. Mark it down.

Archived