Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Hotels in the Waldorf Area

Doggmatic

Heading up that way Saturday. Anyone have advice? Good areas, bad areas? I haven't been to that area in 9 years, so I don't know how it has changed. Anything to avoid, aside from a Super 8? (I've got 2 young children making the trip with me.)

My hometown - wouldn't really consider any areas "good" nowadays.

You'll be perfectly fine and safe at the Holiday Inn or Hampton Inn.

There are a few newer hotels like (I think) a Courtyard and a few others.

The Holiday Inn has a Damon's sports bar and a pool I believe - I've never had a problem there.

Waldorf is fine if you dont go looking for trouble, its no worse than any other city, i live on the west side near accokeek and its quiet here, there was way more crime in arlington than down here... anyway...

There is a brand new Marriott next to the Best Buy in Waldorf.. and a newer hotel behind the Carabbas on 301 across from the Shoppers Food Wharehouse by the mall. All of the others are old and run down.

Thanks for the advice. Haven't heard much good about the area these days.

So is the Holiday Inn and Hampton Inn run down too?

The area isn't that bad - but quite different from when I grew up.

In regards to your question - I've never had a problem at the Holiday Inn and always been fine staying there. I wouldn't call it run down but it is older.

The Hampton Inn is pretty new and is very nice. I think the hotel DButz is talking about is the Courtyard by Marriott that I was talking about in my earlier post.

Any of those options would work well IMHO.

Archived