Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sirius Application for iPhone

mmecca

(I know no one cares)

I have been waiting for a year for this app to come out. To be able to listen to NFL radio and Howard Stern on my iPhone would be the best thing in the world. Today Sirius released this application for my iPhone but, the stations that are not offered on this new application, are Howard stern and NFL radio. And this pisses me off so much. Was anyone else looking forward to this app? Let me have it

Good question, i've only had Sirius and using this app it allows me to login to the sirius webpage to "listen online".

*After starting to type this I just went to the site that makes it and it appears that it does support xm as well as sirius.. here are the links to both..

(XM) http://www.normsoft.com/kb/idx/55/291/article/

(Sirius) http://www.normsoft.com/kb/idx/55/292/article/

good luck

yeah pocket tunes works great, but i was hoping for a great official sirius app that would work great on the iPhone

I just wanna know how the hell you get away with the BIGGEST SIG IN ES HISTORY.....I was off bye like friggin 20 pixels once and gott flammed for it......dag...:saber:

Pandora & Slacker free FTW

I had sirius but I had to give it up to try to cut back what I can to save a lil bit. I have been wanting that app since i got my iphone as soon as I get rid of Sirius they bring it out that sucks. Is it true you have to pay 3$ a month on top of your monthly for it though if so then thats BS.

Opie & Anthony's The Virus channel is available, as is many of Sirius XM's music, talk, entertainment channels. Live sports are limited to a handful of channels, but there is sportstalk channels like MLB Home Plate, NFL Radio and NHL Home Ice.

But... no Howard Stern.

http://www.orbitcast.com/archives/sirius-xm-iphone-app.html

Seems quite odd that Howard, who is supposedly one of the "major personalities of Sirius XM radio", is left out of the official application. Yeah yeah yeah, I know you can hear him off Pocket Tunes. But still, should at least put Howard on the official app.

I just wanna know how the hell you get away with the BIGGEST SIG IN ES HISTORY.....I was off bye like friggin 20 pixels once and gott flammed for it......dag...:saber:

Dude, did you see his # of posts so far?

Eight

I have a feeling that sig will not last too much longer

If you like talk radio, it's probably not too shabby. I just don't have many opportunities where I'm hanging out with my IPhone (not 3G) and I'm near a wifi-hotspot. It's just not all that economical. When I'm at home, I can just use my Stiletto2 and access the internet radio. Of course, I'm probably already paying for the premium and haven't even thought about it in the past. :) I guess I'll download it tonight.

By Antone Gonsalves, InformationWeek

June 18, 2009

URL: http://www.informationweek.com/story...leID=218100113

Sirius XM Radio has launched an Apple iPhone and iPod Touch app that offers 120 online channels, but not the satellite radio provider's biggest draw, shock jock Howard Stern.

In addition to the missing Stern, Sirius is charging for the application, a move that may prove unpopular since iPhone users can easily listen to lots of Internet radio for free. Sirius wants $13 a month for the standalone online streaming package, and an extra $3 a month for people who subscribe to the company's in-car service.

It's unlikely Sirius kept Stern out of the online offering. It's more likely Stern hasn't agreed to having his channels available online. Nevertheless, for many Stern fans, not having the shock jock is a deal killer.

"The only channel I like to listen to is the Howard Stern channel and its not on the app," a Sirius subscriber wrote in the Apple App Store customer reviews section. "In fact, the only reason I pay for Sirius is for that channel. I'd even pay more. This app is worthless without channels 100 and 101 (Stern's channels)."

Overall, the long-awaited Sirius app has not done well in terms of customer ratings. Out of 421 ratings, 268 were for only one star, the lowest level.

Sirius last month disclosed at its shareholder meeting that it planned to offer an iPhone App, which the company hoped would drive growth and retain subscribers, the Silicon Alley Insider reported.

Sirius offers music, sports, news, talk and comedy channels. The company's music channels include exclusive live shows and its talk channels include popular personalities Oprah Winfrey and Martha Stewart.

Archived