Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What's Worse...DUI Manslaughter or Dog Fighting?

MattFancy

Can you provide a link that he committed perjury?

And yes, I'm wearing my VT glasses. VT's favorite son (who basically is the main reason VT is in the ACC right now instead of slowly dying in the Big East with all due respect to Beamer) is essentially public enemy #1 because he killed a few dogs.

What Vick did for my alma mater was priceless. I'm not going to hate the man because PETA told me to.

Even with all objectivity aside, it's not difficult to put Vick's case in perspective here. He killed a few dogs. In the timeless words of Brian Mitchell, "whoop de damn do."

Amazing.

The Vick family literally can do no wrong in his eyes, he'll defend just about everything they do or have done because of their last name.

Vick made VT football what it is, then managed to drag Virginia Tech's name through the mud again and again.

exactly. Because of Vick, I am glad I chose not to go to Tech when I got in even though they had just won the championship. To look up to guys like him is disgusting.

exactly. Because of Vick, I am glad I chose not to go to Tech when I got in even though they had just won the championship. To look up to guys like him is disgusting.

I wouldn't go that far.

Most people are alot more reasonable than he is, even those who were at Tech when Vick was, aren't all that blind.

When I heard that the charge for Stallworth was going to be manslaughter because of a plea deal I just thought to myself "where are our priorities as a society?" I don't know the specifics of the case, other then he was legally drunk, but do you think people w/less fame and money would get a similar deal? And yes, killing a person ranks higher on my list then killing an animal (though neither warrant any kind of sympathy for the person inflicting the damage). How does the family of that guy who was killed feel right now? How would you feel if it was a family member of yours?

If I was the guy who commited that crime you wouldn't be seeing me for 7-10 years.

And yes, I'm wearing my VT glasses. VT's favorite son (who basically is the main reason VT is in the ACC right now instead of slowly dying in the Big East with all due respect to Beamer) is essentially public enemy #1 because he killed a few dogs.

What Vick did for my alma mater was priceless. I'm not going to hate the man because PETA told me to.

Even with all objectivity aside, it's not difficult to put Vick's case in perspective here. He killed a few dogs. In the timeless words of Brian Mitchell, "whoop de damn do."

Add me to the list of people who finds what you've just said to be completely despicable.

You're right, though. What the Vick family did for Tech and frankly the state of VA was priceless. Brought the school and the commonwealth to the national spotlight in more ways than one. But a Tech student says it better than I ever could:

The Vick family literally can do no wrong in his eyes, he'll defend just about everything they do or have done because of their last name.

Vick made VT football what it is, then managed to drag Virginia Tech's name through the mud again and again.

well of course you wouldn't go that far, you went to tech!

Guilty, though I'm still there thankfully :)

But seriously, it is (in my eyes) embarrassing that people defend him because of what he did on the football field.

I am almost as obsessed with VT football as I am with the Redskins and I would be ashamed if Darrell Green were caught running a dog fighting ring.

It doesn't give you a right to do terrible things just because you scored a ton of touchdowns and led a team to the national championship.

Guilty, though I'm still there thankfully :)

But seriously, it is (in my eyes) embarrassing that people defend him because of what he did on the football field.

I am almost as obsessed with VT football as I am with the Redskins and I would be ashamed if Darrell Green were caught running a dog fighting ring.

It doesn't give you a right to do terrible things just because you scored a ton of touchdowns and led a team to the national championship.

exactly- if Darrell, my one true Redskins love- killed dogs and did what Vick did.... I would be so brokenhearted, but I would change my name to Missu21 and not support dgreen anymore:(

Well, they didn't win the championship, they just got to the game. A school down here in the south beat them actually. ;)

Archived