Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN: Giants' weakness: No. 1 wide receiver

bubba9497

OL's always look good when you have a safety valve for an average QB to check to whenever he feels pressure. Now that Burress is gone, Eli simply doesn't have it. I really enjoyed your spin of how now that the Giants realize they don't have Burress, it won't be a problem! That was hilarious. We don't have as much talent but we realize it so we won't have the same problem we had last year with the same team minus some first year WRs.

Also, without Burress, how good did your OL look against the Eagles in the playoffs? You know, the one where Bunkley and Patterson was pushing the **** in on your entire OL during the game?

The Giants' OLine doesn't play great every game. They did have a bad one against the Eagles. But they also ran for over 200 yards against the Panthers who have a pretty good defense themselves.

I never said that not having Burress won't be a problem. I did say that the Giants had an entire offseason knowing they won't have him and can plan accordingly. Do you really think they will be doing the same things without Burress this year that they did without him last year?

And we will see what happens with the Giants and Eagles this year. I don't think they are going to be able to put 8 in the box against them this year. Even without Burress.

OL's always look good when you have a safety valve for an average QB to check to whenever he feels pressure. Now that Burress is gone, Eli simply doesn't have it. I really enjoyed your spin of how now that the Giants realize they don't have Burress, it won't be a problem! That was hilarious. We don't have as much talent but we realize it so we won't have the same problem we had last year with the same team minus some first year WRs.

Also, without Burress, how good did your OL look against the Eagles in the playoffs? You know, the one where Bunkley and Patterson was pushing the **** in on your entire OL during the game?

The Giants O-line looked fine that day. They gave up 0 sacks and the Giants ran for 140 yards and averaged 4.5 yards a carry. They gave up 0 tackles for a loss as well.

This is what cracks me up about Eagle fans. They act as if they totally dominated the Giants in that game and should of went on to win the SB when the truth of the matter is the Giants beat themselves.

;6504654']The Giants' OLine doesn't play great every game. They did have a bad one against the Eagles. But they also ran for over 200 yards against the Panthers who have a pretty good defense themselves.

I never said that not having Burress won't be a problem. I did say that the Giants had an entire offseason knowing they won't have him and can plan accordingly. Do you really think they will be doing the same things without Burress this year that they did without him last year?

And we will see what happens with the Giants and Eagles this year. I don't think they are going to be able to put 8 in the box against them this year. Even without Burress.

I think having an entire off season to plan accordingly will not necessarily matter.

The Giants need someone to step in and fill the number 1 role. Someone to occupy defenses, command two people and a player Eli can rely on. Heck, sometimes he just threw the ball up and PB went out and got it. Difficult to replace that with scheme.

That said, you never know until the season starts if one of the new receivers will step up and fill that role. History is not kind to rookie receivers.

Looking at the skins, they are relying on new receivers to step up and give JC some help. Have to wait and see how they have progessed.

I just don't have as much confidence in Eli and his receivers as you Giant fans do.

The Giants O-line looked fine that day. They gave up 0 sacks and the Giants ran for 140 yards and averaged 4.5 yards a carry. They gave up 0 tackles for a loss as well.

This is what cracks me up about Eagle fans. They act as if they totally dominated the Giants in that game and should of went on to win the SB when the truth of the matter is the Giants beat themselves.

Ya bunkley and patterson were really pushing in deep with all those tackles for loss and sacks the team had... Lol. But in all honestly the eagles deserved to win that game and played much better; the giants offense wasn't firing consistently enough and the giants defense wore down. I loved Westy's hypothesis that plaxico burress made the giants oline look good, thats a first. Weird how I don't think Randy Moss, Chad Johnnson or any other top 10 WR makes an oline look good. The eagles oline actually sucks too, its all that insane talent they have at WR that makes it look good...:doh:

Ya bunkley and patterson were really pushing in deep with all those tackles for loss and sacks the team had... Lol. But in all honestly the eagles deserved to win that game and played much better; the giants offense wasn't firing consistently enough and the giants defense wore down. I loved Westy's hypothesis that plaxico burress made the giants oline look good, thats a first. Weird how I don't think Randy Moss, Chad Johnnson or any other top 10 WR makes an oline look good. The eagles oline actually sucks too, its all that insane talent they have at WR that makes it look good...:doh:

I agree that the Eagles deserved the win and they did come up with 2 big stops on 4th and 1. What bugs me is how Eagle fans have taken a 9-6-1 regular season record and 3 mediocre playoff performances and turned it into the greatest team to grace a football field. Talk to Eagle fans and they believe it was their Lombardi trophy to lose and if you thought the 18-1 Patriots were a great team wait until you see the 2009 Eagles.

Hmmm...now that Burress is gone, Eli didn't have it against Seattle, Arizona, Washington or Carolina either.

I'll give you this, Philly had a great team last year, and the loss of Plaxico Burress and Osi Umenyoria tipped the scales toward Philly. It's just too bad that once again, your team couldn't take advantage of having a really good team.

In fact, one can make a much better argument that McNabb just doesn't have it. Three minutes to go in the championship game, and he couldn't punch it in once again.

I'll give you this, Philly had a great team last year, and the loss of Plaxico Burress and Osi Umenyoria tipped the scales toward Philly. It's just too bad that once again, your team couldn't take advantage of having a really good team.

In fact, one can make a much better argument that McNabb just doesn't have it. Three minutes to go in the championship game, and he couldn't punch it in once again.

Them's be fightin' words! :evilg:

:munchout:

4th and 1 and 4th and inches with the game hanging in the balance both times and you lost yardage both times. The prosecution rests.

;6506649']Maybe' date=' but Eagle fans have no ammo.[/quote']

Please. Everyone in the NFL were jumping all over each other to annoint the Giants last year and the Eagles walked into your stadium and punched you in the mouth.

Actually, they did it twice at the end of the year. Beat you on your field. Twice. Once in the playoffs to END your season.

No ammo. lol.

Please. Everyone in the NFL were jumping all over each other to annoint the Giants last year and the Eagles walked into your stadium and punched you in the mouth.

Actually, they did it twice at the end of the year. Beat you on your field. Twice. Once in the playoffs to END your season.

No ammo. lol.

Hey, if winning a regular season and a divisional playoff game is success and ammo to you, it explains a lot about the Eagles' fans. Way to be satisfied. :thumbsup:

Giants passing game will more than likely resemble the end of last year without Plaxico. Whether you thought they were better or worse is subjective but to me they looked much worse without a dominate reciever. They still have the talent overall to make the playoffs and like any team that can make the playoffs they can win it all but, ...I doubt it.

Archived