Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

My asphault driveway has grass growing through it

robotfire

I bought a new asphault driveway last year, and there are a few spots (near the edges) where grass is growing through the asphault.

1) What can I do to fix the spots where grass is growing through?

2) What kind of sealer do you recommend for my driveway? I bought it last year, and I haven't put sealer on it yet.```

Just use some roundup.

As for sealer, take my advice, pay to have it done. That is one gawd-awful mess. Worst decision I ever made to seal mine in my old house- when I could have paid $60 more to have it done professionally. It took me all day in 95 degree heat- I felt like cool hand luke :doh:

If you are going to use a chemical weed killer, use Triox. It is made by Ortho and it is a soil sterilizer. It will kill anything and sterilize the soil for about a year (meaning that nothing will grow back for a year). It is cheaper than roundup and lasts much longer.

If you are going to use a chemical weed killer, use Triox. It is made by Ortho and it is a soil sterilizer. It will kill anything and sterilize the soil for about a year (meaning that nothing will grow back for a year). It is cheaper than roundup and lasts much longer.

If you want to try a natural weed killer try pouring full-strength white distilled vinegar on them. This works especially well in crevices and cracks of walkways and driveways.

My wife uses it on our brick patio and it works.

Thanks for the advice, everybody. I have a better idea of what to do now. I had some weed killer, and I poured tons of it on there. I'm going to call and see how much more it is to get someone else to seal the driveway. Thanks again!

Archived