Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gas Grill options

Warpath11

I'd ideally use nothing but charcoal, but there are evenings when a steak on the grill sounds awesome and it'd be much easier to just hit an ignite button.

I was thinking there may even be scenarios where you'd use both parts, like searing a steak with the gas grill and throwing them on the charcoal. Throwing corn on the cob on the gas while cooking chicken on the charcoal, etc.

Or smoking a pork shoulder on the charcoal and cooking some burgers with gas :)

I know that you said no charcoal but...

If you are going to spend that kind of $, you ought to get one of these:

The lump charcoal heats as quickly as a gas grill and the performance is second to none. When I got mine, I kept my Weber because I thought I would still use it when I was in a hurry. Well it's been over a year and the Weber is just sitting there, the only thing that I use it for is storing my wood chips.

You will not be disappointed.

Ah yes the egg...i am farmiliar with it as one of my good friends has it and yes it is an awesome grill probably the best I have had experience with, though as I said I am looking at gas exlusively.

Thanks for all the suggestions so far...keep em coming

If you are going to spend that kind of $, you ought to get one of these:

Wow! That's what I need; I only use charcoal. My wife has a gas grill that she uses when I'm not around or we're in a hurry. The fact that the Egg doesn't get as hot on the outside is a big thing for me, as I have a 2-year-old. See, now we're all learning things from this thread!

Wow! That's what I need; I only use charcoal. My wife has a gas grill that she uses when I'm not around or we're in a hurry. The fact that the Egg doesn't get as hot on the outside is a big thing for me, as I have a 2-year-old. See, now we're all learning things from this thread!

[hijack] It's soooo nice. I actually have friends that call me up and ask if I could cook them a couple chickens as their in-laws/friends/kids are coming into town. My reply is always, "sure just bring an extra bird for me" I use apple and pecan for the smoke and rub them with my "greek" rub. I've done five at a time but think that I could fit seven on there.[/hijack]

Archived