Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FS: "Authentic" Burgundy Sean Taylor Jersey (now w/pics)

DButz65

So i had bought two ST jersey's right before he passed, i framed one i never wore, and the one i am selling was worn 3 times only. Its size 54, and i will try to take pics of it later when i get home and post them after going to dinner with some friends tonight. Price i am asking for is $250 shipped in the states only please LOL (that included 2nd day shipping) By the way i bought this at the Redskins store in Leesburg VA, its legit trust me, no 75th patches or anything like that on it.

If interested PM me here, thanks, and i will post pics of it later

HTTR

Thanks. I don't pretend to be an "expert" or whatever on retail authentics. I don't even own a Reebok Authentic. But in my limited research, I've noticed that all Reebok authentics have the word "REDSKINS" embroidered with seams positioned a certain way within the letter "N." All the seams I've seen straddle between the sharp points of the N, regardless of the style of jersey.

The seams on your "N" are different. They run in a straight line like the angle of the part of the letter which is being embroiered, almost like how the game jerseys are embroidered. Interestingly though, your "N" is not the same as the game jerseys. The game jerseys are embroidered from left to right, so that each section of the "N" overlaps, creating the seam. Yours is embroidered from right to left making the seams within the "N" differently positioned.

Below is a photo of a counterfeit I found on eBay a while back. As you can see, the seams on this jersey are exactly like the seams on yours. We know this is a counterfeit because the mesh goes over the shoulders (this was a Gardner jersey). Also, the seller was a known seller of counterfeits.

redskins_Ggardner_jers4.jpg

The other thing is, the stitching. All the retail authentics I've seen have a continuing line of thread going around the corners. It's one continual stitch.

On yours, the stitch stops at each corner. Then restarts. Again, this is almost how the stitching is on pre-2006 game jerseys. The reason I say "almost" is because on your jersey, the stitch stops at the inside corners with no overlap. On game jerseys, the corners are overlapped.

My assumption up to now was that jerseys like yours, although very nice, were counterfeit. But since you purchased that jersey at the Redskins store, that's impossible. Which means I'm wrong.

This is the first evidence I've seen that genuine Reebok retail jerseys have copied the REDSKINS embroidery and the stitching around the numbers to mimic gamers - although they didn't copy either correctly.

I've been wrong before. I had thought that the 75th anni patches were white on burgundy retail authentics and those with burgundy patches were counterfeit, but I think it was Yeen who pointed out that for some odd reason, genuine Reebok Authentics have the incorrect patch, that is, they have the all-burgundy patch on burgundy jerseys.

Another thing i noticed on the fake ones is the stretchy material that goes down the side of the jersey to the bottom is about 1 inch in width, the real ones have about 2-3 inches of width there and up to 4 near the bottom, thats why i put the last pic up cause i know some of you all know your jerseys :D I've got fake Cooley authentic and the area there is very narrow, its also a 54 and is snug/tight on me where as this ST isnt

I was about to offer you $500 for it, but after reading Mark's post i'll offer you $8.00

sorry

;)

jk

Dont mess with meh emotions! :chair:

And what do you mean after reading his post? he said he was mistaken about thinking it was a knock off lol ;) I've only bought one jersey ever from another place besides a Redskins store/stadium, well make that two, all of my authetics are Redskins store/Stadium bought :D

lol

I was trying to be polite.

There are more than a few odd things about this jersey.

Here's another thing I noticed tonight: There appears to be human error in the stitching. Some of the stitching is out of alignment, and also, the stitching sometimes appears to vary in distance from one stitch to another. The retail authentics I'm used to seeing on retail authentics are stitched very uniformly - as if they were done with a computer controlled machine.

I mean - I don't even own a reebok authentic, so I can't pull one out and look at it for comparison, but everytime I have an opportunity - I go into a Redskins store I check them out. And yours is different in quite a few ways from others I've seen.

Next time you're in a Redskins store, check out the stitching at the corners and check out the exact way the "REDSKINS" was embroidered.

See the stitching at the corners on this retail authentic. This is the way the stitching is on every retail authentic I've ever seen. And yet, it's quite a bit different than yours:

!BTMUZWwB2k~$(KGrHgoH-CYEjlLl8jjFBKHIMRw3Qg~~_3.JPG

OTOH, maybe they've come up with some kind of new stitching and new embroidery procedure I've never seen...

If somehow the Skins sold knock offs as authentics to customers.. i really wouldn't be surprised to be honest, just another way of ripping people off LOL Are you zooming all the way in on my pics? The one you posted is a different angle and its hard to see what you are talking about. The stitching on mine is pretty uniform looking to me, might have a slight gap here and there that i see.

Now that i think about it and remember, this jersey was marked at like 30% off "because of the slight crease in the one of the stripes on the arm" according to the salesman at the Skins store i bought it from... you can see it in one of my pis i posted.

the discount makes sense. leesburg is used as a pseudo-outlet store for the redskins. some of the stuff out there is either old or slightly defective but still sell-able. that would explain some of the other differences in the jersey like the wavering stitching (you can see it at the top of the 2 in pic 8) thats probably why it was marked down.

the discount makes sense. leesburg is used as a pseudo-outlet store for the redskins. some of the stuff out there is either old or slightly defective but still sell-able. that would explain some of the other differences in the jersey like the wavering stitching (you can see it at the top of the 2 in pic 8) thats probably why it was marked down.

Ahh yea i see that now, didnt look at that one closely

Archived