Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Personnel Predictions Heading Into 2009

bulldog

Devin Thomas becoming the #3 is a very good pick.

Devin Thomas better become the #2!

And I think Mike Williams makes it and provides valuable depth.

If Barnes from Maryland progresses nicely throughout camp, Tryon might be gone.

• Jason Campbell will have a great season and help the redskins into the playoffs and he will sign a new contest
  • Collins will leave at the end of the season making Brennan our 2nd QB
  • Mike Williams will make the roster but will be inactive during the season
  • Devin thomas will become our 3rd or 2nd WR
  • My fantasy Season will be really good :silly:

This is a good post! I disagree on the following:

- Mike Williams will not make the final roster at OG/OT- Disagree he will make the roster

- Devin Thomas will step up in 2009 to become the #3 receiver: Disagree as I believe he will emerge as our #2.

- Jason Campbell’s play will improve but not enough to put him in the elite class or garner a top shelf long-term contract for 2010 and beyond: Disagree as I think he will have a great year as he is determined and focused.

- Brian Orakpo will surprise NFL observers and play the run effectively at LDE at 263: He will also be the rookie of the year!

- Fred Davis will continue to be lost in the shuffle at TE behind a prolific receiver (Cooley) and a first-class blocker (Yoder): Disagree: He will emerge as a great TE and there will be whispers about trading Cooley

- Neither Dominique Dorsey nor Anthony Alridge will provide the answer at PR/KR: Disagree as Alridge will out perform all expectations

-

My preliminary take based on what the team has done in the offseason and where things seem to be headed:

- During the season Jeremy Bridges will replace Randy Thomas at RG

- Trent Shelton will displace James Thrash on roster at WR due to ST play

- Justin Tryon will not make the final roster at CB

- Devin Thomas will step up in 2009 to become the #3 receiver

- Jason Campbell’s play will improve but not enough to put him in the elite class or garner a top shelf long-term contract for 2010 and beyond

- Fred Davis will continue to be lost in the shuffle at TE behind a prolific receiver (Cooley) and a first-class blocker (Yoder).

- Cody Glenn, Robert Henson will have trouble nailing down jobs for 2009 and the Redskins will sign another veteran linebacker during camp/preseason for depth as well as another undrafted rookie or two

I agree with everything EXCEPT the above.

Thomas is twice the player Bridges is, for at least two more seasons barring further injury.

Shelton might make it, but not at Thrash's expensive. We'll keep at least one vet backup.

Tryon will make it, and will be the 4/5 with Smoot.

Devin Thomas you're close on, but he'll actually step up to become the #2.

Campbell will put up Pro Bowl numbers. Might not make it, but the numbers will justify it.

Fred Davis will get more snaps than Yoder. I'll take that bet right now.

Big Rob might even win the starting job.

i see another 4th place finish if JC is the qb.

Unfortunately I agree with this. My greatest concern is that Jason will show just enough progress to warrant a moderate contract extension in the eyes of the front office. Then at that point we will be committed to X number of years with mediocre quaterback play. Even if Jason does show moderate improvement I will not be convinced that he will be able to sustain it. I will be rooting for him, but I do not have high hopes.

Not that I agree with all of the things I see happening but:

Campbell will underwhelm and is done here.

Portis will get bent out of shape about the offense and Zorn, unless he sustains an injury first. If so, Betts carries the load but once again can't find the end zone.

Cooley is more entertaining on his blog than he is productive on the field. Maybe not his fault.

Thomas may step up bun make little difference, Moss and Randel El aren't even adequate in this offense. The Passing game is anemic once again.

Zorn takes the heat for the offense/Campbell and is gone.

Blache fails to deliver an aggressive defense and is gone as well.

Orakpo doesn't start games and is moved around enough, if he does play regularly, to make him mostly irrelevant or a weakness.

Fletcher still leads the team in tackles and keeps the D from falling apart once again. Fletcher is probably the best Redskins FA pickup since Harvey, or even Butz, or ever. He is what the NFL needs to focus on IMO. If we had 22 Fletchers we'd win the Super Bowl every year.

We are still below average on forced turnovers, sacks, etc. We don't turn the ball over much either but can't find the end zone for long stretches of many games.

The OL is still battling injuries 1/2+ of the season with no depth to pick up the slack.

Haynesworth is good, but not what you'd think top DT money buys. He wears down in games and will miss a few as well. He's a younger version of Griffen an not much more.

Hall is OK but gets toasted several times on plays that we all know that Springs/Rogers would take care of. We wish we had resigned Rogers instead and may still do that this year.

Vinny is exempted from any blame for any of these decisions due to the democratic process involved in Redskins football decision making.

Snyder promises a new beginning in 2010 with a totally different philosophy under who knows who. Could be Cowher, could be somebody like the OC from the Patriots or the Steelers DC. I have no idea which way Snyder will go in 2010 but i'd say that it's more than 50% likely that he will blow this whole thing up again due to his own impatience which has been the problem for a decade. I still say that we were in our best shape after 2001 when Schottenheimer was told to let go of Snyder's toy.

I'd love to see the Redskins just out ball 90% of the league again due to execution, determination, hate, and finding and exploiting every weakness, but this isn't the 1980's Gibbs teams anymore. Zorn doesn't inspire and this team isn't what anyone would call determined. We have the owner who will spend cash, we have the players who he has spent the cash on, but does this guy really know what he is doing?

I think not, and therefore I predict 7-9 with the Giants winning the division whether or not they have an elite receiver.

We may call ourselves extremeskins but our current players probably chuckle whenever the Redskins and its history are brought up. It's like, who the **** cares? I make 12Mil to switch teams.

Extremeskins is about us fans now. The players are anything but. I will salute Darrell Green, Ken Harvey, Charles Mann, Dave Butz, Monte Coleman, and Dave Butz. Even though 1/2 those guys came from other teams.

So, in otherwords, your fandom is like rooting for Michael Jackson to get someting out of his ordeal because you like his music. The Redskins, other than Joe Gibbs, and that team of mercenaries have never been the same.

Thabk you, but the NFL is almost as irrelevant as the NBA.

I wish that I knew this before. I love the Skins but why care now?

Archived