Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Questions for the Ticket Office - Now with Answers

Capt. Kaos

I know there are plenty of spots in purple every game. I told the TO that and they told me all the spots were accounted for. All I know is for all the parking spots I see every game in disabled purple I can not for the life of me believe that they are all accounted for.

Well I agree with you. However, I edited my last post in spirit of keeping it in the "now", and not a debate thread.:)

I wonder if there is a designated stadium parking pass for the disabled spots, or can any color parking pass use a disabled spot w/ a DMV permit?

We have done that and it has worked up to this point. But he has to buy on-site parking on e-bay at $500.00 to $700.00 for the season so some scalper can park with friends for free.

I know there are plenty of spots in purple every game. I told the TO that and they told me all the spots were accounted for. All I know is for all the parking spots I see every game in disabled purple I can not for the life of me believe that they are all accounted for.

Keep in mind, accounted for and being used are 2 very different things. All the TO can say is that the spots are assigned. They have no way of knowing if they will actually be used.

Re-reading this situation I am confused.... Do you have a parking pass? If not then I really can understand the TO's position. They start handing out purple spots right outside the stadium for disabled folks and there will be a mad rush of people borrowing placards to get those spots. I would venture to guess that a bunch of them would also find their way to ebay and craigslist frequently.

It's a tough spot for everyone involved, I hope you find a reasonable resolution.

We have done that and it has worked up to this point. But he has to buy on-site parking on e-bay at $500.00 to $700.00 for the season so some scalper can park with friends for free.

That's the case for anyone who wants to park close and doesn't have a pass.

I can comment on this. :)

The day after the Doug Williams Superbowl, I called the Redskins ticket office at RFK Stadium and asked to be placed on the "Waiting List." I did just that. I wrote a letter. For the next couple years I got a little card in the mail with a number written with an ink pen telling me my waiting list number. "I was #16,576..."

LOL!

I still Have the little card. I was gonna take a pic and post it, but I'm too damn lazy.

"ON 05/29/92,

YOU WERE ASSIGNED WAITING

LIST NUMBER 45,181

Dear Redskin Fan

Thank you for your request to be on the Redskins Waiting List.

You have been assigned the above number. Since the waiting list is so large, we must limit every request to two (2) tickets each. Pleas keep this acknowledgement to support your assignment to our waiting list.

If you have any questions concerning your standing, please make the request in writing at the close of football season. Include a self-addressed, stamped envelope. We are unable to answer questions by telephone.

Once you are eligible for season seats, we will notify you in writing, so please keep the Redskin Ticket Office informed of any change in address.

Thank you for your patience and support

WASHINGTON REDSKINS"

So if he buys a color parking pass like anyone else, he gets a priority location close to the building with his DMV permit.

Sounds like your real issue is the cost of parking in the secondary market, and not the TOs policy of where they park disabled permit holders.

I'm gonna get the official word on how this works. If any color parking pass with a DMV placard gets a spot right outside the gates this will be one of the best kept secrets of all time.

I'll keep ya posted!

I'm gonna get the official word on how this works. If any color parking pass with a DMV placard gets a spot right outside the gates this will be one of the best kept secrets of all time.

I'll keep ya posted!

Here's how it works: If you have a Green parking pass, and a disabled tag, you can park in the disabled section of the Green lot. If you have Red parking pass, and a disabled tag, you can park in the disabled section of the Red lot......and so on.

If you have no parking pass, but have a disabled tag, you park in the disabled section of the Cash lot.

Simple.

Here's how it works: If you have a Green parking pass, and a disabled tag, you can park in the disabled section of the Green lot. If you have Red parking pass, and a disabled tag, you can park in the disabled section of the Red lot......and so on.

If you have no parking pass, but have a disabled tag, you park in the disabled section of the Cash lot.

Simple.

You got it!!

Simple.

So simple it almost hurts!

Thanks for clarifying.

LOL!

I still Have the little card. I was gonna take a pic and post it, but I'm too damn lazy.

"ON 05/29/92,

YOU WERE ASSIGNED WAITING

LIST NUMBER 45,181

Haha. I still have mine somewhere. If I can find it, I'll take a pic of it...

Simple.

Great. Can you qualify this somehow? Thanks

Simple.

Where is the disabled section for the green lot ?

I was told the disabled spaces in the purple lot is where I should park, but they are 1st come 1st served per game. I didn't have any problems parking right across from the stadium store using my placard & green pass.

Capt. Kaos, Mark the Homer, et al,

First off, many thanks for this enlightening thread! It's great that we can get useful info here without bashing each other over whether the problem is JC, the OLine, playcalling etc. that's made us an 8-8 team yet again.....

Quick question, as a second year STH, can I expect a better seat location in the upper deck based on this software program being used?

I called the TO about a month ago and asked about an upgrade w/o additional costs and they told me they would try to do that. The rep also said she would put a note to that effect in my account. Still wondering about that.....

Also, do you know when we be notified of our seat location?

Thanks for your coordination and efforts!

Hail!

Capt. Kaos, Mark the Homer, et al,

First off, many thanks for this enlightening thread! It's great that we can get useful info here without bashing each other over whether the problem is JC, the OLine, playcalling etc. that's made us an 8-8 team yet again.....

Quick question, as a second year STH, can I expect a better seat location in the upper deck based on this software program being used?

I called the TO about a month ago and asked about an upgrade w/o additional costs and they told me they would try to do that. The rep also said she would put a note to that effect in my account. Still wondering about that.....

Also, do you know when we be notified of our seat location?

Thanks for your coordination and efforts!

Hail!

at this point there is no word out of the TO when upgrades will start. I do know that the last round of invoices that were sent out have a due date of May 15 (Friday). If this is the last chance the Redskins are going to give to re-up season tickets then i would guess that the process may start shortly there after. This is pure speculation on my part and I could be completely wrong.

As far as your particular seat being upgraded, who knows. It really depends on alot of factors. You will hear tell of people moving from a corner seat to a 50 yd. line seat, from row 27 to row 3...... ryhme and reason have been lacking in years past so giving a reasonable expectation is unreasonable at this point. maybe in a few years we will have some stability and consistency and this will change.

lastly, when the upgrade process is started the TO will be sending out e-mails to those STH that are receiving upgrades this year. This is apparently a new way of doing things. Here's to hoping this works out with as few kinks as possible.

hope this helps!

at this point there is no word out of the TO when upgrades will start. I do know that the last round of invoices that were sent out have a due date of May 15 (Friday). If this is the last chance the Redskins are going to give to re-up season tickets then i would guess that the process may start shortly there after. This is pure speculation on my part and I could be completely wrong.

As far as your particular seat being upgraded, who knows. It really depends on alot of factors. You will hear tell of people moving from a corner seat to a 50 yd. line seat, from row 27 to row 3...... ryhme and reason have been lacking in years past so giving a reasonable expectation is unreasonable at this point. maybe in a few years we will have some stability and consistency and this will change.

lastly, when the upgrade process is started the TO will be sending out e-mails to those STH that are receiving upgrades this year. This is apparently a new way of doing things. Here's to hoping this works out with as few kinks as possible.

hope this helps!

Thanks for your quick reply!

Hail!

from the TO concerning handicap parking:

The blue lot has designated disabled parking spots. These spots are taken up on a first-come, first-serve basis. Patrons who park in the blue lot are shuttled over to the stadium.

The red lot does not have designated disabled spots. In this area, patrons with disabilities will park in the blue lot handicap zone and ride the shuttle to the stadium.

The green/orange/purple lots do not have designated disabled spots. People who have one of these passes and a state issued disabled placard or license plate will be directed to the Lot H (or Lot E) disabled parking spaces adjacent to the stadium – subject to availability – first-come, first-serve.

* This is subject to change but at this time appears to be the answer.

I called the TO this morning at 9:15am, and asked about possible seat upgrades. I was informed by someone who must have answered this question about 90,000 times, that the process did not start yet. The upgrading should happen within the next 2 weeks.

I called the TO this morning at 9:15am, and asked about possible seat upgrades. I was informed by someone who must have answered this question about 90,000 times, that the process did not start yet. The upgrading should happen within the next 2 weeks.

That certainly jives with all the information I have been getting from the TO. Thanks.

from the TO concerning handicap parking:

The blue lot has designated disabled parking spots. These spots are taken up on a first-come, first-serve basis. Patrons who park in the blue lot are shuttled over to the stadium.

The red lot does not have designated disabled spots. In this area, patrons with disabilities will park in the blue lot handicap zone and ride the shuttle to the stadium.

The green/orange/purple lots do not have designated disabled spots. People who have one of these passes and a state issued disabled placard or license plate will be directed to the Lot H (or Lot E) disabled parking spaces adjacent to the stadium – subject to availability – first-come, first-serve.

* This is subject to change but at this time appears to be the answer.

As a red lot parking pass holder and a handicapped blue placard holder, I can verify this. There is no red parking lot spots for the handicapped. Handicapped folks with a Red parking pass must park in the blue lot. Unfortunately, there are too few blue handicapped parking spaces. If you need one, get there VERY early.

Also...the dirty little secret and my beef with the Skins is the shuttle service for the handicapped. Going in from the Blue lot is fine; and I presume the Cash lot shuttle for the handicapped is also OK.

The real problem is getting back to the car after the game. The Skins have a single shuttle each for the Blue and Cash lot handicapped parking spaces. If you get on the shuttle in the 4th quarter, you're OK....you miss the fourth quarter but can get to your car. But who wants to miss the game?

The shuttles also leave again about 10-15 minutes after the game ends. But because of traffic, they normally make just that trip and do not come back to the stadium again. Last year, two different drivers said they worked only to 5pm after a 1pm game. When they leave for the blue lot about 4:15 pm, they drop off their passengers and go home....stranding those of us at the stadium. I was stranded twice. One game there were about six of us waiting well after 5pm, including one in a wheel chair. It was a long, slow, painful walk back to the blue lot; don't know what happened to the guy in the wheel chair.

One of these games....I'm going to die from a heart attack.....then my family can sue the Skins. Maybe then they will do a better job managing their disabled fans. I really feel bad for those in worse shape than I....

As someone else noted, there does always seem to be many empty spots in the purple parking areas which are where the green handicapped folks are supposed to park. I usually check every other game from the upper deck at halftime.

Frankly...I am shocked some of the disabled advocacy groups have not mad a bigger stink. There are other related complaints, too.

And, in defense of Danny, this whole parking fiasco is JKC's fault. There is too little parking, the lots are very poorly laid out with too few exits. It was bad when the stadium opened and got a little worse when Danny added some seats. But all in all, it was poor planning by JKC and his folks.

Archived