Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Alexander @ DE

gutlead74

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/05/02/AR2009050201943.html?sub=AR

this is intriguing, I think he can pull it off. he was a good pass rusher from the DE & DT position. dont really like RAK @ LB but Alexander at DT 1st n 2nd then kicked down to DT on pass rush, kinda wondering if maybe we do know what we are doing??? still pissed bout the OL:D

yeh this sounds somewhat whatgood since we have a good run stopping team. Albert Haynesworth can show Lorenzo the skills he neeeds for his position and he can be a great player

AL isnt really all that technically sound, he is more of an F U I am bigger stronger and faster than you type player:logo:

Alexander is more or less being asked to replace Demetric Evans. Pretty good size for a defensive end, and can play the run fairly well, but pass rush skills against an experienced tackle...not so good. At 6'1 and 286 pounds I still believe his best chance to make the squad would be at center. Short and squat works at center, not as a pass rushing defensive end.

Still, I wish him well. Maybe somehow he can lose a few pounds and become much quicker than he is now, cause with Daniels, Wynn, Carter, Jackson, Buzbee, and Orakpo, its going to be difficult for Alexander to stick after the final cuts. Just too many defensive ends and not enough positions. We are not going to keep 6 defensive ends.

That's pretty cool - I've always liked Alexander from the moment he got here and made a helmet-less tackle in a preseason game...ya gotta love that. He'll do anything and he's solid, if not great, at everything he does. You need players like that. At the same time, yeah, they may envision him as playing those different roles, but it still doesn't mean he'll see time unless someone's injured or gassed. As far as I understand it, if Orakpo proves he can handle linebacker duties, he'll play there with Daniels at DE on running downs which obviously leaves Haynesworth and Griffin at Tackle spots, which leaves Alexander on the bench.

Now I know there's also been talk of Haynesworth shifting out to DE in certain packages and all kinds of mixing and matching as such, but I still see Daniels/Carter/Orakpo getting the majority of snaps at DE with Haynesworth/Griffin/Montgomery/Golston getting all the snaps at DT, so while Alexander's versatility is great and helps out if we need him, I think the team still would prefer him to be a reserve and ST player. I would assume he's fighting for a roster spot, but I would consider it very likely he makes the team obviously.

Alexander is more or less being asked to replace Demetric Evans. Pretty good size for a defensive end, and can play the run fairly well, but pass rush skills against an experienced tackle...not so good. At 6'1 and 286 pounds I still believe his best chance to make the squad would be at center. Short and squat works at center, not as a pass rushing defensive end.

Still, I wish him well. Maybe somehow he can lose a few pounds and become much quicker than he is now, cause with Daniels, Wynn, Carter, Jackson, Buzbee, and Orakpo, its going to be difficult for Alexander to stick after the final cuts. Just too many defensive ends and not enough positions. We are not going to keep 6 defensive ends.

I doubt he gets cut. The guy is just too versatile and valuable in terms of the positions he can play, and the fact he can actually play them all pretty well for an UDFA. Alexander's staying before a guy like Buzbee or Jackson does I feel.

I doubt he gets cut. The guy is just too versatile and valuable in terms of the positions he can play, and the fact he can actually play them all pretty well for an UDFA. Alexander's staying before a guy like Buzbee or Jackson does I feel.

While we root for undrafted free agents like Alexander, because they are the underdog, the reality is that just because you can play 6 different positions doesn't mean you get to make the team. Actually I play 7 differnt positions, I just don't play them well, and there lies the problem.

Not if Alexander can play more positions than Rob Jackson, but can Lorenzo actually get to the QB, or can he stuff the run better than anybody else. Its always about the better guy.

Daniels is not here because of his age, he is here despite his age. he plays the run quite well and can still bat down passes. Lorenzo is so short he is not going to bat down a lot of passes.

Plus, some of you keep talking about Daniels, Wynn, and Orakpo as though they are the only ends so far. Does anybody remember Andre Carter? He is an end as well so that makes FOUR. Then you start looking at Alexander, Jackson, and Buzbee.

Still, its possible the Skins keep 5 defensive ends and 4 tackles since Wynn, Daniels, and Alexander may all be used at tackle or end.

I believe Rob Jackson or Buzbee will make the team. ONE of those young guys will make this ball club. Then the choice comes down to whether Alexander has shown more than Wynn, or whether somebody gets injured in camp. Those are all factors to be determined.

That interview with Blache is on the OS.

He states the last guy on the DL depth chart must be versatile & play good special teams.

For a man of few words, Blache seemed to really like what Alexander had to offer.

I can't see him being cut.

There has been some mention of Jansen at Center, how do you all feel about that? I never got the hatred of Rabach but I know it's there and we are stuck paying a fortune for Jansen no matter what. They say Campbell doesn't have to squat so much with Jansen.

As for Alexander, there is a reason the coaches love him. They really have no idea where his ability will best serve us so they try it all.

They say Campbell doesn't have to squat so much with Jansen.

Zorn said that, then kinda back tracked & made a joke of it.

As for Alexander, there is a reason the coaches love him. They really have no idea where his ability will best serve us so they try it all.

:hysterical:

Archived