Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Zorn and JC bottom line for Skins in 09

glsjr2277

We averaged only 12 1/2 points in the last 8 games. 2-6. Our defense played "hold them" all year. Indy won Superbowls with defenses half as good as ours. The draft is over. My last thread "We need a Magician in the draft" pointed out what we were up against because the Giants,Philly, and Dallas had 10 plus pics each. Giants and Philly made major improvements. Dallas, with their "we'll own the second day BS" blew it. All the Dallas draft talent personel left with Parcells. We got Arakpo and Barnes, the CB ,and hopefully a sleeper in the latter rounds. The D will be fine, especially if someone steps up at OLB. Mackintosh,Wilson,Orakpo? Will the offense step up? If not Zorn and JC are gone. The fact that the Snyder/Cerrato braintrust, after all the extensive player evaluations, and input from position coaches chased Cutler and Sanchez should be a wake up call. We won three super bowls with Rip,Joe T, and D. Williams. None, hall of famers. The last time in the Playoffs it was with 10 year bench warmer Collins. They made the plays. JC and Zorn. Score an average 21 points and we're there.

I believe the offense will step up. Actually, the fact that they didn't go after an OL in the draft is an encouraging thing for me. They know that improving the O-Line is one of our major concerns. But their lack of action on that front tells me that they are happy about the development of our young o-line guys. Granted, one school of thought that is prevalent on this board is that our FO is 100% incompetent, but before the draft Vinny made a statement about needed to improve the O-Line.

Now we are hearing reports about Rinehart, Mike Williams, Heyer, Devin Clark, etc...so given our draft emphasis on defense, the coaches must feel we have some hidden gems waiting in the o-line.

At least I hope so, and it would explain their focus on the defensive side of the football in the draft.

We averaged only 12 1/2 points in the last 8 games. 2-6. Our defense played "hold them" all year. Indy won Superbowls with defenses half as good as ours.

1. Indy won 1 Super Bowl with a defense half as good as ours and had trouble getting that one. Before the SB win, Peyton was labeled a "choker" and the team couldn't make it past the AFC Championship game until they improved their defense.

2. This doesn't relate to the rest of your post. You start out by saying you can win with a mediocre defense then try to convince us that we can win with a mediocre offense, as long as it scores 21 PPG. What point were you trying to make? If we score more, we'll win?

Zorn is in a bad position right now. His job is tied to JC's success this year. The odds favor another mediocre season with him and JC being shown the door. Don't get me wrong, I hope he has great success this year and we make the playoffs. At this point in time though I am trying to figure out who will be our HC in 2010. Will it be Cowher, Shannahan or Holmgren.

Zorn is in a bad position right now. His job is tied to JC's success this year. The odds favor another mediocre season with him and JC being shown the door. Don't get me wrong, I hope he has great success this year and we make the playoffs. At this point in time though I am trying to figure out who will be our HC in 2010. Will it be Cowher, Shannahan or Holmgren.

I can't see any of those coaches being interested in the head coaching position with the Redskins. They will demand far more control than Snyder will be willing to give up.

I can't any of those coaches being interested in the head coaching position with the Redskins. They will demand far more control than Snyder will be willing to give up.

With an ageing roster, Danny boy might just be willing to finaly step back, and let a proven, top name HC start over and build this franchise the way it should be if this season plays out like so many previous ones since the last championship.

He's already gotten' Cowher his big ass nose tackle. *Mischievous me.

Hail.

With an ageing roster, Danny boy might just be willing to finaly step back, and let a proven, top name HC start over and build this franchise the way it should be if this season plays out like so many previous ones since the last championship.

Hail.

Agreed, GHH. I also like a move to Cowher should Zorn be let go. Is it a coincidence that the team drafted DF with its draft selections this year? I don't think so. My take is that with Shannahan always having a weak DF in Denver and being known for a solid OF the stage might be set for him to come in and revamp our OF next year to take the steps necessary to make our team a powerful one in the NFC East.

I can't see any of those coaches being interested in the head coaching position with the Redskins. They will demand far more control than Snyder will be willing to give up.

Money talks and there's no salary cap on hiring HCs. With the list of proven HCs available next year I can easily see Snyder giving more power to one of them (Cowher, Shanahann, Holmgen).

Hail.

Agreed, GHH. I also like a move to Cowher should Zorn be let go. Is it a coincidence that the team drafted DF with its draft selections this year? I don't think so. My take is that with Shannahan always having a weak DF in Denver and being known for a solid OF the stage might be set for him to come in and revamp our OF next year to take the steps necessary to make our team a powerful one in the NFC East.
Money talks and there's no salary cap on hiring HCs. With the list of proven HCs available next year I can easily see Snyder giving more power to one of them (Cowher, Shanahann, Holmgen).

Dan Snyder will never allow an outside individual to independently run his football team. He may say initially that he will but there will be friction between him and the head coach, nearly from day one. He certainly won't have any problem parting with the money for the coach's salary but the power will be another thing. He's not wired that way. Any coach that is hired will need to understand that Snyders involvement is part of the package.

Archived