Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Parcells not thrilled about Hutch or Quincy

Originally posted by Henry

Angus, are you under the impression that free agents avoid the Redskins? Please tell me you think that.

And while we're at it, do you think Redskin fans are never critical of their starting QBs? Maybe you do think that, seeing as you're relatively new to this board. But trust me, when Redskin fans are judging their starting QB, from Heath Shuler and Gus Frerrotte to Brad Johnson, Jeff George and Tony Banks, we don't blindly lavish praise upon them. And I can assure you very few of us would be doing so for Chad, regardless of what his agent thinks of Dan Snyder. :rolleyes:

I think Angus is under the impression that if he keeps throwing **** at the wall, something will stick.

Keep on chucking...

Originally posted by jimster

• Bill Parcells is searching the waiver wire for veteran offensive and defensive tackles who could help the Cowboys.

...I'll predict they will pick up one or two of our O-line guys who get cut.

I'm gonna keep that handy, jimster.:thumbsup:

Originally posted by goldenster95

Not exactly ringing endorsements of Hutch and Quincy . . . looks like they both have a one year lease on life . . .

"I am not interested in being 8-8, so I am not interested in a quarterback that could get me to 8-8," Parcells said. "There are some guys I felt I could do that with. If I saw a guy that was economically feasible and could get us a division title, I would be interested in the guy. I don't know who that would be at this point. I haven't seen that guy out there."

ONLINE: www.dallascowboys.com

If he can only get to 8-8 with Griese what in the world are his expectations with Qc and Hucth..:laugh:

Henry, how could I think that when several free agents from the Cowboys this year chose to sign with the Redskins? And I know there are many reasonable and thoughtful analysts on this board, but sometimes it is necessary (or at least useful) to tweak the few who come on too strong.

You have to figure Parcells' stake in all this.

He stands to lose absolutely nothing and to gain absolutely everything.

He is already in the Hall of Fame,, he removed himself when he took this job in Dallas, but they already voted him in. He's in Dallas, arguably the biggest sports stage in American sports. They stink. No one will argue that with any brains in their head. If Parcells manages to turn this extremely popular franchise around in 3 years he cements himself as a GOD in the annals of NFL history.

If he fails, he ****es to the media that Jerry Jones is meddling, (like he did in NE) and who wouldn't believe him? Who in their right mind would not buy it if he said Jones couldn't keep his hands out? He has a built in foolproof excuse.

And he goes into the Hall of fame anyway.

The fat bast'd...

~Bang

Originally posted by OURYEAR#56

Beware Skins fans, the Cowboys are playing possum. Both Parcell and Jones know how to win ...

You got the wrong JJ there, YEAR. It was Jimmy Johnson that knew how to build a team and win, not Jerry Jones. Since Jimmy left, the results speak for themselves.

Jerry's the problem for you folks, not the answer.

If he can only get to 8-8 with Griese what in the world are his expectations with Qc and Hucth..

the point is that with Griese you know what you have, with Hutch and QC you don't. Now I do think that Parcells already knows he is going to put Hutch as the starting QB, he like to create competition and he wants to find out if Hutch can handle controversy and have the mental toughness to compete. Hutch is the wild card here for him so he is going to ride it out. It may turn out that cowboys could go 8-8 with decent play from Hutch, but they could as easily end up 5-11 or even worse 4-12 given injuries, bad luck etc.

Next year is the tell tale for Parcells. He will have had one year to get to know the players, assess the needs and know what he needs to get in FA, Trade and Draft. to tell you the truth I wouldn't mind seeing the cowboys just for this year to go 5-11 but be competetive and maybe lose a couple with bad luck. get another top 10 pick and load up for the next few years. we still need a little more depth and a couple of key positions that need to be filled.

Archived