Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

We Have to Get a LB from USC

SuperPhreak

With a pick as high as #13 a team has to try its best to land a stud prospect that can play a lot. Players that cannot play every down, a la all of the USC LBS, are not ever worthy of a pick as high as ours.

Not one of these LBs from USC have the skill set(s) to play all three downs at any LB position. Add the fact that neither of them are dynamic pass rushers and I think the Skins have enough reason to pass on them.

If we are going to make the pick at #13, I hope that atleast one of the big four OT are left. If not, I have a feeling DE Robert Ayers has a very good chance of being a Redskin.

Not one of these guys have the skill set to play all three downs in the NFL so they are not worth the 13th pick at all.

Rey Rey does, but a few years back we drafted another guy with similar athleticism and potential...guy by the name of LaVar Arrington. That kinda/sorta worked out for a little while, but ultimately, not so much. Maualuga could EASILY turn out the same way. Of the other two, Cushing is gonna find out how hard it is to play in this league when EVERYBODY else is as big, as strong, and as fast as he is. Plus looking at the kid he seems like he's about as dumb as a big bag of hair. I don't see him doing much at this level. Matthews, for all his blue-chip pedigree, just didn't get all the talent his Pops or Uncle got, so as much as he may want it, it probably isn't going to happen for him the way he would like.

Screw LB; build the line. Offensive tackle, baby. OT. OT. OT. More talent at that spot than there's been in one draft in I don't know how long...we would be incredibly foolish not to tap into that vein of can't miss talent.

:2cents:

Cushing is gonna find out how hard it is to play in this league when EVERYBODY else is as big, as strong, and as fast as he is. Plus looking at the kid he seems like he's about as dumb as a big bag of hair.

:2cents:

I had to laugh at that line. But when I think bag of hair I think Matthews, not Cushing...

cd09555ebe4afb5e99ff26e2d44350c8.jpg

Rey M. is the only one i like at 13 and i don't like Cushing at all.

If the top 4 OT's are gone our pick gets riskier. Yeah, we could go DE but that would be like giving a shark more teeth imo.....unless we got a rush DE who could also play the sam and cover the rb and short game. I think 1 or 3 of our young guys on the DL will glow this year.

With James Laurinaitis, i believe, we can acquire an extra pick and pay less for the most underrated LB in the draft.

edit: i realize I'm taking a long-shot this year. but its fun thinking i'm the only person, on this entore forum, that hopes Washington somehow drafts James Laurinaitis. Are people seriously overlooking a guy because of his school? That doesn't seem too logical.

You all make really really good points about the O-line. I never said we didn't need O-line help, nor did I say it wasn't our most pressing need. Where we're picking at #13, most mocks have the best 3 tackles off the board. People keep saying there is an Elite 4 but it's really just the 3, two if you consider Andre Smith too risky and dangerous, which I don't.

If we can trade back and acquire a 2nd round pick then yes, you have to go with a tackle later in the round. But again, like I said, we're looking for a dominating run-blocking RT, and the only obvious one's will be gone by the time we pick. We can pick someone up in the 3rd round that will be able to learn behind our veteran line.

DE is another possibility and I really like the prospect of a DE/OLB hybrid because of the packages we could use. He could play the same role as Washington did when he was with Indy (playing DE on passing downs) and Everette Brown is a great prospect too, I just don't think he'll make it past SanFran, Buffalo, and Denver.

If Rey is there, take him, because he will be a star. The offenses AND defenses in our division keep getting better, and we need to keep up. It's just my suggestion, because I'll be happy with whoever we pick on draft day as long as it's either a tackle, DE, or LB. As long as we don't kill ourselves for Sanchez, I'll be happy.

With James Laurinaitis, i believe, we can acquire an extra pick and pay less for the most underrated LB in the draft.

edit: i realize I'm taking a long-shot this year. but its fun thinking i'm the only person, on this entore forum, that hopes Washington somehow drafts James Laurinaitis. Are people seriously overlooking a guy because of his school? That doesn't seem too logical.

If we could trade back in the first round and he's still there, I would LOVE to have him. He's a great player that caught some flack for a bad 40 time. But he's a player.

Archived