Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I like Danny and Cerrato--kinda

hitmandm

Good conversation from most. I think the Danny and Vinny are getting better, they just need to negotiate better. As for the typos- Im in management. We hire below the line people to type for us--like some ESers here. It is tedious work to proof read. It was early in the morning and most typos are letters next to each other. But here is a little critque of mine--at least if you are going to cry about typos (which is ok) add something to the original point to make it look like you are value-added. Ad Hominem is faulty logic in this case.

I'm in management too and I have to say that one of the key abilities required for successful management has not yet been demonstrated by Snyderatto: the ability to learn from your mistakes and stop repeating them.

We seem to have hit a period in time where there have been better FO decisions, but I'm not sold on the fact that things have really changed - not yet anyway. I'd say that we'll know if they've really changed about a year from now.

Aside from that, I've viewed the FO in a negative light for some time since it should not take nine or ten years to identify and correct such mistakes. That alone casts a suspect light on The Danny's management skills.

The key is he is learning. Might have taken 9 years, but that is sunk cost. Is he operating at a reasonable level yet. I say yes. He needs to cut down the 2 first for Ocho Cinco type talk and Im ok. I was ok with the Cutler talk, because of his age the the paramount imporatnce of the QB position. In the end, he did not pay the crazy compensation for Cutler, whic should have been a win.

Fair point.

I'm in management as well, and I'll say what I've believed about Dan Snyder for a long time now. The man is an absolute genius. Not in a football sense, but in a PR and business sense.

Let's look at the PR side: He controls media access to his team by purchasing media outlets around town and creating a Redskins radio network. He builds a media organization that handles the interviewing of players and the production of video press releases directly to the public through his website. And of course, he PURCHASES a popular message board site related to his team.

As far as the franchise itself, he runs the team the way he wants to run it. He wants to have his hands directly on the operational aspects of the team, even though he has absolutely no qualifications to do so, and even though conventional wisdom suggests he should follow the model set up by the more hands-off owners in the league. Despite this, and the fact that it obviously produces limited results on the field, his team continues to be one of the most profitable and valuable in all of sports.

Some fans may complain, and some people in the national media may criticize him, but his balance sheet is not suffering. As long as fans keep coming to the games, the Redskins continue to be a huge regional media draw, licensing revenues continue to flow his way, and gameday concessions continue to be profitable, he can assuage any anger fans may feel about his team's flat-line, mediocre record over the entire tenure of his ownership and create off-season, ticket-buying hype by playing Fantasy Football and signing an Albert Haynesworth. He's happy, the fans are happy, and life goes on...

This is a guy in management. The first myth in marketing, you give a target exactly what they want.

I agree with a lot of what you're saying here, but you have to know that Vinny and Danny are the whipping boys of the most vocal posters here. It's simply irrational, and they could do no good in their eyes... so be prepared to see this thread turn into a smorgasbord of hate. :)

But I must say I disagree with your assessment of Jason Campbell. I don't think anything is "clear" in regards to him, and I have trouble believing we're trying to get a QB in next years draft.

Fair enough. I agree that we are not positioning yet, but if we want Bradford, webetter be taking a look into setting us up for some draft picks next year.

I think for my own peice of mind I need to clear up a few things that I feel about the Danny and Igor! My opinion is of there football operating skills (or lack of) only!I know Dan Snyder is a caring man and his actions have proven that so please understand my opinions of him are strickly football realted .He 's playing fantasy football with the Skins...........him and Vinny yeah I know he owns ..PART of the team but that team is public domain,a team I grew up with and know of a certian way .......and this guy comes in and wrecks it.Yes wrecks it,him and Vinny..........the man does not learn from his mistakes ,we nede a football man as a GM don't talk to me about this or that ..NO, get a GM and turn things over to him ...then and only then will I believe he is trying !:saber:

Fair enough. I have personally seen him cut spending like las t year and then sign proven players who are 25-26. That makes alot of sense. I just wish that he would negotiate deals better

Just a few questions, out of curiousity:

1. What type of business are you a manager in? Pharmaceuticals

2. What were you drinking when you wrote this thread? I was on Lumnesta trying to sleep

3. Crabtree dropping to 13? What were you drinking again?

I have an idea Crabtree falls for 3 reasons. He is 6'1" and not 6'3" and didn't run a 40 at the combine. The third reason is that he is hurt. Yes everyone is saying that it wont make a difference, but do you want to pay top 5 or 10 money to a guy who is shorter than expected, didn't run at the combine and has foot surgery. I see why he would have a possibility slipping.

All of those grammar errors really makes me question your opinions. If you are going to post something that is multiple paragraphs, at least take the time to maybe look over it and not sound like you dropped out after 3rd grade.

If there was a logical connection between grammar and logical football dialouge, you may have a point. Since there is none, your logic is faulty. There is actually a study that showed that spelling and grammar does not matter with how people read a paragraph and that people who look at entire sentences of mispelled words can still understand what that paragraph says--even third graders

The reason they are bad at business: They reward guys who have never done anything for them and shun guys who do more than they were ever asked to do. A smart businessman knows how to value his home grown guys. A smart businessman doesn't insist on getting Cutler even though all of his coaches are opposed to it. Do you understand how ridiculous that whole circus was? We were told all of last offseason to be patient with Campbell in this new system. Our owner is worse at listening to that than the fans are.

QUOTE]

I think you're mis-using the term businessman. You mean to say "a smart winning football franchise owner."

The business side of Danny's house is pretty stout.

The key is he is learning. Might have taken 9 years, but that is sunk cost.

I'd say it is opportunity cost.

He needs to cut down the 2 first for Ocho Cinco type talk and Im ok. I was ok with the Cutler talk, because of his age the the paramount imporatnce of the QB position. In the end, he did not pay the crazy compensation for Cutler, whic should have been a win.

Fair point.

Could you outsource that for a translation please? Perhaps you missed this in your ES onboarding, but most of us can't read your mind - you need to post clearly when sharing your thoughts.

:evilg:

I hear you. Maybe not all fans are happy. I think what I'm trying to say there is that while some fans may complain about the team's mediocre record year after year, demand still far outstrips supply in this situation. People are still coming to the games, season tickets are still in high demand, and the Redskins continue to be one of the most profitable franchises in all of sports. Dan Snyder is too good a businessman to ignore that and lose sight of the fact that people talk with their wallets as much as anything else. Until he sees a severe drop in attendance or interest based on the team's performance, he has very little incentive to change his ways.

Yep - I get your point. It's a truly bitter pill to swallow since I've been a Skins fan since boyhood and it is completely against my nature to turn my back on this team, but that seems to be the only way to effectively express dissatisfaction with the FO.

:mad:

Archived