Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

OT-NFL Sunday Ticket? Direct TV

Well, my committment to Dish Network expires today and I'm switching to Dirct TV so I can get the NFL Sunday Ticket for the upcoming season. I have a question regarding the blackout rule if someone can possible help me out. I live in Ohio so I know that the Bungle and Brown games will be blacked out. No big deal. I should be able to watch on the Skins games should I not? I am so excited about this. Being able to hopefully watch every Skins game.

Only local teams get blacked out so you should be able to see every Skins game next season. Depending on where you live you should be able to get those local games on broadcast TV....well, the Browns anyway. When was the last time a Bungles game was sold out ?

You'll absolutely LOVE Sunday Ticket. I guarantee it.

Thanks for the reply Yusuf. I thought that's the way it worked but wanted to get some input from folks here who've had the package. I had it quite a few years ago and I know I loved it then. It was so great being able to watch the Skins every week and not be stuck with the game the local networks decided to televise. These idiots around here seem to think that other then watching the Bungles and Browns, everyone wants to see the Packers, Bears or Lions. Thank God that won't be the case for me this year.

As for your question about the Bungles being sold out, it's been so long that I don't think anyone really knows.

I love direct tv NFL Sunday ticket!!!!!!!!

For two games last year........the weather was horrendous. My reception went out for a bit over one quarter.

Good old Geo-Challenged came to the rescue!!!!!!!!!

Gotta love EXTREMESKINS!!!!!!!!

;)

Blondie

If you get Sunday ticket do you have to have a service package with it? Or, can you just get a dish and have Sunday Ticket?

I have digital cable now and love it. I also have like 5 tv's in my house so I'm not sure I would want to completely switch over to DTV, but I still want Sunday Ticket.

Going to the bar every sunday gets old.

I believe you have to have one of their packages and the Sunday Ticket is considered a premium service. I don't know if you're aware of it or not but right now they have a deal where you can get Direct TV installed in two rooms (1 dish, 2 receivers, 2 remotes) for free (actually a $15.93 service charge) plus 2 free months of one of their programming packages. I'm going for it because this is the only way I can see all the Skins games here in Ohio.

A couple Sunday ticket notes:

- Becareful when doing a season pass (if you have DirecTivo) since there are two programs with similar names. One is either a pregame or a space filler and is at something like 4 AM the second is the actual game. The good news is that the time slot they give is nice and big thus no need to record 1/2 extra or such.

- If you use the geo-challenged services you can sync it up with creative delay of the DirecTivo.

- I beleive that Monday night and Sunday night games are not on Sunday Tiicket thus becareful not to miss these (like any diehard fan would do that).

Enjoy, it is a God send for those of us who grew up with the skins and now ARE geogarphically challenged. =)

I love the NFL Sunday Ticket. Living in RI I get to see Pats games (not so bad), and NJ Giants and Jets (would rather eat ****)-- DirecTV allows me to enjoy Redskins football every Sunday!! I actually change to the grave shift during football season so I can be home in time to grab some fried chicken, wings, and beer before kickoff!! It is worth waking up at 2AM for!!

Zeo

You have to sign up for a package deal to get the NFL Ticket. If you wait just before the season they usally offer some pretty good packages. When I ordered DirectV, I got the Preimium Service free for 4 months, just had to pay for the NFL Ticket which was 49.95 for three months. I think the price has gone up to 199.00 this year.

I keep cable for two of my TV's just in case the reception goes out on the Dish. :gus:

Yeah! I got the package two years ago after getting sick and tired with those Bucs games and news (which were not too bad compared to other teams). I got free installation but had a commitment to subscribe for their basic package for one year ($39.95 a month). Then, I subscibed for the NFL S/T for, if I'm not mistaken, 4 installments @ $39.95.

The price is raised up this year (due to the new contract between the NFL and the DTV) to $44.75 (in each of the 4 installments as well).

Once you subscribe to the package, you will be automatically renewed in every season unless you cancel it. Believe me, you will definitely love it. This is the reason I have never been a cable customer and will never be.

I am also planning to tape all those Skins televised games, start with this upcoming season.

Well, I did it.

I talked the wife into getting direct tv. It's going to be installed next week. I can't wait now...I don't have to go to the bar an hour early to get a good seat for the game! I think it's actually going to be cheaper monthly then I had with Digital Cable (without sunday ticket).

Now, if only It could be September!!!

:cheers:

I know what you mean Sammy.....my choices here are the Bungles or Browns and if they aren't playiing or blackedout for some reason the local networks think every one here in central Ohio wants to watch the Packers, Bears or Lions.

Thank God for Dirct TV....I think it's worth every penny.

Originally posted by BuckeyeSkins

As for the preseason games I believe I read somewhere that it's either this season or next that they will have preseason games.

I hope it's this season. I never get to see preseason games. I always have to listen to them on the internet.

Originally posted by Opiate-Zeo

Oh, one more questions, Do preseason games get played on Sunday ticket?

NO preseason games

but not a reason to not get the ticket..;)

I have ahad the NFL sunday ticket since it's inception. I used to own a big dish for that reason.

Originally posted by AzSkinsFan63

NO preseason games

but not a reason to not get the ticket..;)

I have ahad the NFL sunday ticket since it's inception. I used to own a big dish for that reason.

You're incorrect. Tagliabue said the new NFL Channel will carry the preseason games. This was on a post last week. The article was found in one of the Philly papers.

From what I can tell, this piece from the link provided imples that it will be available this season.

Also in the deal is that starting next season, DirecTV will beam to all its customers the NFL Channel, the league's new ad-supported, year-round network. It is creating the channel with help from former ESPN chief Steven Bornstein and will also try to get it aired on cable systems.

http://www.usatoday.com/money/media/2002-12-11-directv_x.htm

Archived