Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is Dale Earnhardt Jr. the most overrated figure in sports?

Teller

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

ummm...my words? where did i say brad johnson? i mean besides the quote where i was quoting YOU! :silly:

and barkley is NO better then Jr. as a matter of fact he might even be worse. he has ALL OF THESE STATS and yet no rings. at least Jr doesnt have as many stats to go with his ZERO cups.

:kickcan:

okay, I give up. Earnhard Jr. is as accomplished in NASCAR as Barry Bonds in baseball and Charles Barkley in basketball.

(just don't ever ask me to explain why, please)

That might be the most backwards reasoning I have ever heard. "At least my favorite driver isn't that great so it makes sense he hasn't won anything!"

you have all of these fluff stats and no rings.

you win everything around you and yet no ring.

you suck.

you win half as many races and no cups.

you suck but at least you arent just choking. you havent been close enough to really be in contention.

and being an iggles fan you should know about fluff stats and no rings

wow, what a ****ing joke for a thread.

why not charles barkley?

why not barry bonds?

you clearly made this thread as a **** talking thread but you have failed miserably.

Barkley was actually underrated, if anything. He stood only 6'5", but was constantly one of the better rebounders. He was a very solid NBA player. One of the 50 best of all time if im not mistaken.

Bonds, steroids or not, is also one of the best to ever play baseball.

There are probably alot better comparisons to Jr out there. Dirk Nowitzki, maybe? Cal Ripken?

Barkley was actually underrated, if anything. He stood only 6'5", but was constantly one of the better rebounders. He was a very solid NBA player. One of the 50 best of all time if im not mistaken.

Bonds, steroids or not, is also one of the best to ever play baseball.

There are probably alot better comparisons to Jr out there. Dirk Nowitzki, maybe? Cal Ripken?

cal has a ring.

Bonds will always be tainted because of the roids. he is lower then Aaron and thats as simple as it gets.

chuck was a very good player, but he was overrated. he had PLENTY of talent around him in Philthy and Phoenix and was not able to win. Best record in the league as a matter of fact in 93 and still choked.

:kickcan:

okay, I give up. Earnhard Jr. is as accomplished in NASCAR as Barry Bonds in baseball and Charles Barkley in basketball.

(just don't ever ask me to explain why, please)

Dumbed into submission. :hysterical:

j/k, I actually like you both. :)

Bone up on your reading comprehension, and try paragraph #2 one more time, mkay? Thanks.

:laugh:...And thanks again, HH. This is probably my favorite thread on ES of all time.:silly: Again, Jr fans out there, I have no problem with your driver, from a personal standpoint. But this is a VERY legit question that needs to be answered.

dude, you have NO other reason to make this thread but the one I was clearly clowning you in.

is barry sanders overrated?

eric dickerson?

elgin baylor?

ted ****ing williams overrated?

For the record, I don't say he's overrated because he doesn't have a title. I say it because he doesn't have a title AND he doesn't win races. Despite being in pretty much the best equipment around.

Don't forget Matt Kenseth, who has kicked the ever-loving **** out of little e at every point in their careers. First in Busch, then when they both came out Kenseth made e his ***** for ROY.

Wrong, good fail though. Dale Jr. was the Busch Grand National Series Champion in 1998 and 1999. Matt was the BGNS Champ in nineteen ninety-never. Matt has had better success in Cup, I won't argue that, I just wanted to debunk your argument with facts.

I became a Jr. fan in 1998, before his arrival in the Cup series. I just wanted to clear up that I didn't start rooting for him when his dad died.

The man has a huge fanbase that stick with him through thick and thin, taking a bunch of **** from other drivers' fans. He wins here and there but has not won a championship in ten years. Well braid my butt-hair, that sounds a lot like the Redskins.

Dale Jr. has won multiple times at the Cup level. I wish I had the exact numbers, I heard the stat on Sirius NASCAR radio last year. There have been over 1,000 drivers enter Cup races over the years, but there have only been a hundred some winners. You gotta do something right to be able to win a race at this level.

Threads like this make me miss the good ol' days, and by good ol' days, I mean the past month before today. :silly:

Dale Jr. has won multiple times at the Cup level. I wish I had the exact numbers, I heard the stat on Sirius NASCAR radio last year. There have been over 1,000 drivers enter Cup races over the years, but there have only been a hundred some winners. You gotta do something right to be able to win a race at this level.

He's won 18 cup races in 11 years.

Carl won half that many...last year.

Threads like this make me miss the good ol' days, and by good ol' days, I mean the past month before today. :silly:

Love you too, d-bag. ;)

aaaaah...there's some back up!!

thanks Bry!! but I am going to say its safe to assume that HH is going to "miss" this post

Right, like I missed HJ85's complimentary post?

Here's a quarter. Go buy a fact. Just one. :)

Surely you're not calling Kyle overrated? He's only 23. Btw, calling Marino, Barkley and Bonds overrated for not having won a ring is absurd.

dude, catch up with the rest of the thread please. you are really lagging behind.

and i sure as **** called him overrated. he won ALL those races last year and choked in the chase. all fluff and no substance.

Archived