Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Six Flags Season Passes: Are They Worth It?

Commander_N_Chief

Please choose 1 from each category (4 votes total)  

349 members have voted

1. 1. Please choose 1 from each category (4 votes total)

• Under 29 - Bar Rafaeli
    • Under 29 - Cheryl Tweedy
    • 30+ - Malin Akerman
    • 30+ - Kate Beckinsale
    • Athlete - Anna Rawson
    • Athlete - Jennifer Barretta
    • Classic - Diana Dors
    • Classic - Audrey Hepburn

Well I checked prices for season passes this year to Kings Dominion and with their recent price increase from last year's season tickets it would seem after 8 years I will not be making it a 9th. I noticed Six Flag's season pass price is roughly $20 cheaper.Now the first thing I worried about is will I be getting what I pay for? What are your opinions of Six Flags? I went to epinion and it seems a good deal of people were upset, however there was only 1 review for 08 and two for 07. Is it still that bad? Is it bad at all? Any and all input would be greatly appreciated.

i haven't been to six flags in over 2 years, but i went several tiems per year for the 5 years prvious to that. and every time i went, to ANY of their locations up and down the east coast, there were always MULTIPLE major marquee rides that were closed for the day with no warning or indication or obvious reason.

in my opinion if you're gonna get a season pass somewhere, make it Busch Gardens. yeah it's an extra hour on past KD assuming you're in the DC area, but that place is the mercedes-benz of amusement parks. KD is an almost-new chevy and six flags is a second-hand saturn. Busch keeps their place clean, they have lots of atmosphere, the best coasters around by a WIDE margin, and their food (and DRINK) puts their competitors to shame.

I've been to Six Flags twice:

The first time was on a band trip (I was in 5th grade I think) to the one in NJ - ALL of the good rides were closed and we ended up sitting under a canopy eating hot dogs, then walking around trying to look cool. The best part of the trip was the bus ride, when we just flirted with each other and listened to music.

The second time was with my boyfriend (probably 2003) to the one in MD. We had fun - I think some of the good rides were closed. The Superman is teh awesome, though!!! We were in line to ride it a second time when it started pouring and then it was total chaos. Pouring rain + people afraid of water + people being herded like cattle towards a roller coaster = recipe for diaster. We jumped the railings and ran for the car and now it's a fun story for us. =)

Six Flags is ghetto - Kings Dominion is better - never been to Busch Gardens, but I'll bet it's not as ghetto as SF or KD. :silly:

NJ one is pretty nice now. Dan Snyder made a lot of changes when he took over. The sucky rides got replaced with much better ones. The looney tune and DC comic characters are all over the park now greeting patrons.

However, lines are bananas all the time. There's never a good day to go to the six flags in NJ because there are always bus loads of people from everywhere. NYC and Philly come spilling into the park.

Even when it rains and several of the rides are forced to shut down the crowds are mind boggling. Animal Safari at the NJ park is really kickass though. Watch out for the baboons, they took my side mirror off.

In general a season pass to one of the mega-amusement parks is a really good deal if you plan to go more than once a season. They pay for themselves after the second visit. Now, if you are asking whether Six Flags is worth it compared to other parks, my opinion is that Kings Dominion and Busch Gardens are way WAY better, though Six Flags is more convenient to Manassas. And if you're big roller coaster fan, Six Flags isn't bad.

Archived