Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Herman Johnson

CommDownMan

After all the trade back conversations I started looking at guys that might fit at the back end on the 2nd round (Jets, Bears, Viking and maybe Miami could work if they want Sanchez). We would hold on to our 3rd and still have a first rounder between 17-25.

The reason I like a trade like this though is it puts us in place to draft Herman Johnson. Listed at 6'7" 382lbs and the #2 guard in the draft, after Duke Robinson.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTUhkbcxiHg

The first few minutes show he can create holes, but check out the play around 2:54 and 5:02 (Georgia). He seems to move well on his feet and get solid blocked on defenders.

http://profootball.scout.com/a.z?s=127&p=8&c=1&nid=3628784&yr=2009

Here it says he can also play tackle, so he could start on at RT this year with either guard position becoming his to hold for years later or stay at RT (unless the skins go crazy and get Britton in the first....hah, 2 OL...right).

This would leave us in good shape to draft a LB/DE with the first rounder, helping one of our other two biggest holes.

Thoughts on Herman Johnson?

Herman Johnson is a player's name, and you used it as a thread title. Watch for NNT.

Anyway he is a big dude. Apparently has awful fundamentals, but when he locks on to a defender, no matter who it is, they are out of the play. Not sure if he even has the athleticism for RT. But if we wanted a power running game, if we could somehow finagle for him and Andre Smith, that's a big right side (over 700 pounds of man in two bodies).

Yeah the thread title might get you in trouble.

But I'd love a behemoth like Johnson on our team. I doubt he'll be able to play RT with that size but my god he's humongous.

If Oher's stock keeps dropping we might still be able to get him at 17.

];6189112']yeah the thread title might get you in trouble.

But i'd love a behemoth like johnson on our team. I doubt he'll be able to play rt with that size but my god he's humongous.

If oher's stock keeps dropping we might still be able to get him at 17.

17???

Finally others interested in him. I think Herman is a perfect fit for our scheme. Tough as nails but I think he goes a lot sooner than most people think he will. I would love it if Buges got a hold of him.

I have seen projection of him going about 60-65 range. All the trade backs I sugguested would put us 49-54. Obviously, projections don't tell the whole story, but it would put us in a good position to get him.

We need to draft a Center who can play guard over a Guard. We now have Dockery and Rinehart as younger interior offensive lineman, but we don't have anyone who can step in for an injured Rabach who is a potential future starter.

We need to draft a Center who can play guard over a Guard. We now have Dockery and Rinehart as younger interior offensive lineman, but we don't have anyone who can step in for an injured Rabach who is a potential future starter.

Well personally, I'd like to see that 1st go to Mack, but like I mentioned above, I don't see 2 OL. If we could pull a second trade and have late first ~25, 1 2nd and 2 3rds, I'd love to see Mack/Herman in the 2nd and LB/DE in the 3rd.

I read that he lost a little weight to try and play tackle but struggled at the position at the Senior Bowl.

The guy was a beast at guard for LSU. He was an All-American guard his senior year. I would be happy with getting him if we traded back to somewhere in the 2nd round.

We dont need another guard at this point. Rhino/Geis are there for depth or we could get Kendall back later at league min.

This guy looked bad in the senior bowl. His technique was terrible. He was getting pushed around by guys that were 100 pounds lighter. He's a project guy at best which is something we dont need right now. If we do trade back we could pick up a starting Center in the second or third rounds. We should address RT at #13 or trade down and still address RT in the first. Depending on the additional picks I would look DE/OLB then C/G.

Herrman Johnson is terrible, I've watched many LSU games and even Ciron Black who I also feel is overrated is much better than Johnson. Johnson gets pub for being a highly touted high school recruit and being the biggest baby ever born in his state, lol, but the fact is he is too tall to play guard. That may sound stupid but if you watch him he plays wayy too tall for a guard. He gets pushed back by more stout guys. At the Senior Bowl he tried playing Tackle and was just blown by off the edge. Unlike Andre Smith and even Loadholt to an extent while they are big guys they have nice footwork for their size. During SB practices he was blown off the line every time. He was a first team All American strictly by recognition.

Archived