Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Geek Squad/HP Problem...any advice?

MattFancy

So I had been having problems with my HP laptop about a month ago. I took it to Best Buy because I had bought an extended warranty through Geek Squad when I bought my computer. My wireless had stopped working on my laptop so they replaced the motherboard and said the problem was solved.

So I get my computer back and that same day I notice that it keeps randomly shutting off. After a few days of my computer doing this I take it back to Geek Squad for them to look at. They thought it was just dust built up in my computer and it was overheating so they took an air gun and blew the dust out. Well that night I went back to my apt and tried to get on my computer, which would now not even start up.

I google the problem and find out that my computer had been recalled by HP and that even though my computer was out of warranty with them that they could fix it free of charge. So I sent my computer back to HP earlier this week for them to look at. Well I get a call yesterday from them saying that Geek Squad voided my warranty with them because when they replaced the motherboard they didn't put an HP compatiable motherboard back into my computer and that is what is causing my laptop to overheat. The HP guy says that Geek Squad should have known about the recall and sent the computer to them the first time I took to them so that HP could have fixed the problem.

Well, I go back to Geek Squad last night and the guy that I talked to was a total douche, he told me that Geek Squad is a certified HP repair place and that it shouldn't have voided my warranty. I have him call and talk to HP, which I have no idea what he said to them since he walked away from me when he was talking to them. He ended up telling me that I could just bring the computer back to Geek Squad to fix since I still have my warranty with them. But it sucks because now if my laptop gets recalled again, I can't send it back to HP because Geek Squad voided my warranty, even though they claim to be an HP repair place.

So someone is full of crap and I have been without a working computer for a month now and it sucks because this problem should have been solved the first time I took it to get fixed.:mad::mad: Do you guys have any advice on what I should do? Sorry its long but I'm just pissed!!

you do realize that "geek squad" is the first place a tech coming out of a trade school gets a job right? those are the 20 year old nerds that play games and think they are the ****.

you need to go higher then the geek squad leader. you need to hit up the store manager, GM or even district manager.

You need to send your story here...

http://consumerist.com/search/Geek%20Squad/

Best Buy and The Geek Squad are total ripoffs. They hammer those guys. You may also find some tips on what to do next it you search. Such as...

http://consumerist.com/247913/geek-squad-ceo-promises-to-resolve-any-consumerist-reader-complaint-he-receives-and-then-does-so

Geek Squad CEO Promises To Resolve Any Consumerist Reader Complaint He Receives, And Then Does So

By Ben Popken, 6:51 PM on Wed Mar 28 2007, 10,346 views

We want to give Robert Stephens, founder of Geek Squad, a giant hug. Squeeeeeeezeeee!

Recently, Robert reached out to us and said we could forward any and all Geek Squad or Best Buy complaints to him. He pledged to personally intervene and get them resolved.

Every single one that we've heard back on, Stephens has done exactly that.

We doff our fedora to you, Robert.

If you have a longstanding and unresolved Geek Squad or Best Buy complaint, you too can achieve this same high level of attention by emailing info@geeksquadcentral.com - with the subject line, "For Robert." Don't be put off by the info@, we've seen the correspondence and the emails do reach him.

Archived