Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

JLC guest blogger.

MarkMissoula

No i think he was saying it sounds like someone who posts on here .

It is a great idea, lets make our team fail finacially so that we can hopefully get an owner worse than Dan Snyder and or loose the franchise to another city like LA .

I know I may be alone here but I think Dan Snyder is actually a good owner . He is active behind the scenes, he is actually a fan of the team . He will do anything in the hope for the team to succeed . He has delivered the fans unique access to the team, set up direct news sources and provides direct support for this message board .

In the 6 seasons prior to him purchasing the team in 1999 we had not been to the playoffs and only had 2 winning (above 0.5000) seasons . Since buying the team we went to the playoffs in 1999, 2005, 2007, we have been below .500 4 times .

People are still burning him about what happened in 2000 . That was 9 years ago ..

We could have ended up with some Canadian owner who was more interested in hockey and baseball than football who was married and divorced 5 times (sometimes to the same woman, once to a drug runner 40 years younger than him), many of which either tried to commit suicide or claimed there was violence in the relationship, he also disowned or denied several of his own Children . We could have had an owner was equally admired and despised by those who had close dealings with him and despite his millions was renown as tight fisted and cantankerous . An Owner who would die alone in his appartment in LA of alcoholic liver disease and associated cardiac problems . An Owner who had driven anyone who cared or loved him away to the extent he was dead three days before anyone found him . No one was there to check up on him .

You may have guessed I am talking of JKC, and I know he has done alot for the area, and by all accounts was a hell of a guy he had a lot of life, but back when he became an owner of the team back in 1961 it was half way through a period of 13 years where the Skins had 1 season where they were above .500.

It was a period that ran from 1957 to 1971 . JKC did over see the golden eara in the Redskins history including the George Allen Years and obviously the 1980s and Gibbs 1 reign . However there consistant rumors that he was looking to move the Redskins out of DC to Memphis or Jacksonville when he became a majority owner but couldn't get anyone to let him build a stadium in their city . He did keep out of the day to day running of the team but was still an influence . .

The point is we could do worse ... If you really want Snyder to go away what you need to do is go and raise $2 billion + and offer to buy the team from him .. the problem then is you would then have to put up with having the fans rake over every shead of dirty laundry and have your personal life under the microscope as well as being despised every year the Redskins did not get to the superbowl..

Archived