Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

XBox down to $179.99

The Wicked Wop

http://www.msnbc.com/news/913441.asp?0dm=C11NT

Microsoft cuts price for Xbox

Gaming console now costs $179.99 in United States

LOS ANGELES, May 14 — Microsoft Corp. Wednesday cut the price of the Xbox video game console to $179.99 in the United States, one day after chief rival Sony Corp. did the same with its PlayStation 2.

A MICROSOFT SPOKESWOMAN said the price cut from $199 is in effect immediately, and some retailers are already showing the new price on their Web sites. (MSNBC is a Microsoft-NBC joint venture.)

Sony cut the PS2 price from $199 on Tuesday to clear out inventory ahead of the June launch of a redesigned PS2 with an online networking adapter bundled in the box. That package is expected to retail for $199.

© 2003 Reuters Limited. All rights reserved. Republication or redistribution of Reuters content is expressly prohibited without the prior written consent of Reuters.

You can also go to Ebgames.com and actually find the factory refurbished XBox for $149.99

I just see it a good price considering what that system can do. I love my PS2, but I know the XBox is technically superior....but the PS2 has so many more resources at present, either regarding developers, games, etc....I really can't wait for the PS3 to come out. I love these people that get their panties in a bunch about the xbox being better.....of course its better, it came out much later and should be better. I'm sure though that the PS3 is really going to take gaming to a whole new level....I only have a couple more years to wait.

Originally posted by phishhead

I'll never buy an XBox or PS2, or 3.

It just seems wasteful to me(to buy something that will be outdated in a year or less). Of course, I could be missing out?

Nah....

Do you play videogames at all? Or do you play and stick to PC?

I love my xbox, I have a PS2 as well but I barely play it anymore after I beat Xenosaga. Tomorrow I'm gonna go down to BestBuy and use my 2 year replacement on that PS2 to get xbox games and DVDs instead cuz I never use the thing. Enter the Matrix in 24 hours CANT WAIT too bad I gotta work at 8:45am and than hit Platinum at 10pm not much time left for play :rolleyes:

Archived