Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Question about Mystery shopping

WVUforREDSKINS

Reading Brandymacs thread on how to make extra money got me interested in being a mystery shopper

I bumped the thread but didn't get any responses. Anyway, I sent in to one that I saw posted on CL and this is the emails. I am wondering if it sounds legit because I know some of them are scams, but if it is I think this would be a great way to make some extra money.

DETAILED JOB DESTRIPTION

We are a company that conduct surveys and evaluate other companies.We hire people to go to other peoples companies and act like customers in order to know how the staffs are handling their services in relation to their customers.Once we have a contract to do,so you would be directed to the company or outlet,and you would be given the funds you need to do the job(either purchase things or require services),after that which you would write a comment on there staffs activities and give a detailed record of your experience.Examples of details you would forward to us are

1)How long it took you to get serve.

2)Smartness of the attendant

3)Customer service professionalism

4)Sometimes you might be required to upset the attendant,to see how they react to clients when they get tensed(under pressure). And we turn the information over to the company executives and they would carry out their own duties in improving there services. Most companies employ our assistance when people give complaints about their services,or when they feel there are needs for them to improve their customer service.Your Identity would be kept confidential as the job states (secret shopper). You would be paid $300 for every survey you carry out,and bonus on your transportation allowance,and funds would be given to you if you have to dine as part of the duty.Your job will be to evaluate and comment on customer service in a wide variety of shops,stores, restaurant and services in your area.No commitment is made on this job, and you would have flexible hours as it suits you.If you are interested,Do send in your:

Your Full Names

Your Residence address:

City:

State:

Zip Code:

Home and mobile Phone numbers:

Email address:

Your Age and Current Occupation:

Your Gender:

So we can look at your distance from the locations which you have to put your service into,and your address would also be needed for your payments.We also implore you to send a scanned copy of any form of Identification for the processing of your application form and also for record purpose but if you cannot provide it presently then you can provide it later..

Thanks.

-------------------------------------------------

I send him my information minus the scanned passport/license

---------------------------------------------------

(next email)

Thanks for your respond Mark, confirm if this is your correct address because i will be issuing a check of $2300 to you which you will use for your first shopping survey in your area, you have to keep this secretly so when you are shopping at the store they wont know you are working for the secret shopper , and you get $200 on each survey you go. Let me have the names of the closest 3 stores at your area.

Get back at me ASAP to confirm you receive this message and understand it better.

----------------------------------

OK WTF? He wants to send me money? Fine with me. Three closest stores? WTF

Sounds to good to be true. And I definitely don't understand anything any better.

We also implore you to send a scanned copy of any form of Identification for the processing of your application form and also for record purpose but if you cannot provide it presently then you can provide it later..

Thanks.

I say Identity theft scam. Notice how they ask for this info but then back off and say you can provide it later, as to convey zero pressure and gain trust.

Okay I just googled the text of your letter and found this site about a similar letter/scam and it uses many of the same words in the letter. Check out the scam letter on the right of this webpage.

http://suckerswanted.blogspot.com/2008/11/david-weasley-mystery-shoppers-ltd.html

I say Identity theft scam. Notice how they ask for this info but then back off and say you can provide it later, as to convey zero pressure and gain trust.

Okay I just googled the text of your letter and found this site about a similar letter/scam and it uses many of the same words in the letter. Check out the scam letter on the right of this webpage.

http://suckerswanted.blogspot.com/2008/11/david-weasley-mystery-shoppers-ltd.html

OK good find

Yep. I was hesitant at the very beginning. So now that this clown has my name and address should I just write back saying go **** yourself?

OK good find

Yep. I was hesitant at the very beginning. So now that this clown has my name and address should I just write back saying go **** yourself?

You sent them all that stuff before asking people about it?

:gus:

Tell them you lied because you thought it was scam and gave them false information and then cross your fingers.

You sent them all that stuff before asking people about it?

:gus:

Tell them you lied because you thought it was scam and gave them false information and then cross your fingers.

I sent this:

I suppose you're also the king of Nigeria. Go **** yourself. BTW, none of the information I gave you is correct, as I was suspicious of you in the very beginning.

OK good find

Yeah it's pathetic how these scammers seem to all use a few different form letters and then just change the wording around depending on what they are trying to sell someone on.

Btw, nice response to them. One time just for fun I strung along a Nigerian email scammer and man these guys will keep going once they think they have someone. I then dropped the bomb and told them to **** off.

Archived