Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Playmakers

bulldog

We knew Thomas was a project type that has natural gifts that need to be developed. Anyone who expected a huge amount of production was is stupid. I actually expected basically what he got this year.

Kelly had knee issues but those seem to have gotten in check plus he said he is going to work with it all offseason.

-The reports about Thomas are WAY overblown. Just JLC getting an opportunity to downgrade the draft class. In 2 more years come back to me about Thomas and Kelly. If they have not produced a lick than they are considered busts unfortunately.

The draft is a crapshoot. You really cant tell what you are going to get. I mean look at Leaf and Manning. Mario Williams, considered a HORRIBLE move passing on Vince Young and Reggie Bush, he was considered a quick bust. What happen's he comes back gets 14 sacks and is the anchor of that D on an improving Houston team. VY isnt starting and his team did better and Bush is not a full time back and his team isnt doing so hot.

Charles Rogers, Mike Williams, the list goes on. Give a couple years and then look back. No need to look back right after a disappointing season. Its only negativity due to frustration. Roddy White is an example, even though there are QB arguments, Meachem didnt play at all his rookie year and was inactive all season. He wasnt half bad his second year and he was a 1st round pick. The argument is old but im just saying...

Man, next season is going to come so fast...

-Combine time

-FREE AGENCY/TRADES

-Draft talk

-THE DRAFT

-Mini camps

-Training camp

-preseason

-REGULAR SEASON

It all comes so fast!!!

Man, next season is going to come so fast...

-Combine time

-FREE AGENCY/TRADES

-Draft talk

-THE DRAFT

-Mini camps

-Training camp

-preseason

-REGULAR SEASON

It all comes so fast!!!

And I can't wait!! I'm dying to see Dirty Thirty on the field for another season. HEADS WILL ROLL!!

Anyway, pertaining to the thread subject, the closest thing we have to a play maker is Santana Moss and I wouldn't consider him to be one either. Terribly inconsistent, aging quick, and REALLY undersized for his position and the offense that Zorn is trying to implement.

Do I think that it would be a great pickup for us to get a Larry Fitzgerald or Anquoin Boldin type player? Absolutely. Do I think that we have other issues to deal with first? 100%

If JC is on his back every play after 1.5 seconds then it's hard for even Fitzgerald to make a play. Take care of our bigger issues and create a roster that can support a playmaker like that and THEN worry about getting one.

-Rob

Though Landry was listed as a free safety, I wouldn't necessarily say that he was utilized as a TRUE free safety. As an LSU football fan I watched him played quite a few times and I must say that his role with the Tigers was much closer to that of a strong safety in their defense.

Honestly, I don't see why he has a need to be excused. He played well this season. His name doesn't come up very much because a) he doesn't make many mistakes at his position and B) teams never really tested him and I'm willing to bet that it's because he's shown that he can make plays if an opposing offense gives him the chance. I mean in the playoff game against Seattle last year he had two picks was a force to be reckoned with in our secondary. He still is and offenses know that, so they don't want to give him the opportunity to make plays against them.

1. I want to wait until training camp and the pre season to see if the picks are real or fake. Springs said Davis is going to be good, let's wait and see if Kelly and his knees can hold up. Also, Thomas was project coming out so it did not surprise me he is behind. I am not saying they will be good or not, but let time decide.

2. Fitz was drafted by D. Green. He coveted him coming out of College and has developed into a premier WR. How many receivers have been drafted that high in the draft have failed?

3. Unfortunately, Vinny finds average talent. Not Detroit talent, but 8-8/9-7 talent. Until we get someone that can draft like Balt, Indy, NE we will continue to join Detroit and the Pukes and not play in a NFC championship like it has been for the past 12 or so years.

Archived