Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Our team cares about a bowl that is played in February all right. . .

mcarey032

It is called the Pro Bowl. It wasn't just this year either. Somehow, the FO and ownership especially, are obssessed with who makes the pro bowl. They had a campaign for the Redskins to get voted into the pro bowl. We even had some players who were worried about individual accolades on this team.

I can't say that I blame the players in all this because the culture that has been created by the owner of this team and wants to get "the best" players. Remember when we won super bowls and there were plenty of players from those teams who didn't get to go to the pro bowl, but were here for many years without winning any individual accolades. Matter of fact, we did have back to back MVPs on those teams, but the other super bowls we didn't have those individual players who won awards or go to Hawaii in mass numbers.

I would bet you my salary that Tom Brady would trade in his indvidual awards last year to have won that Super Bowl that they lost. He probably would have even been OK with losing a game in the regular season in order to have won the Super Bowl.

Until we stop getting caught up with who makes the pro bowl on our team, we will always be losing every year. I am even guilty of being worried about who makes the pro bowl at times. The attitude should be who cares about making the pro bowl and just care about winning. Until Dan and Vinny aren't focused on the Pro Bowl and worried about players who are stat driven players and get players who only care about team and want to win, we will be destined to mediocrity.

Our organization can't win a SB at this time.

So...they try to stuff the Pro Bowl voting instead.

Pretty embarrassing really.

There isn't a player in the country that would rather have a pro bowl ring than a superbowl ring.

I think a lot of it had to do with how much *Let the filters do their job* the pro bowl is, How every year London Fletcher gets snubed? how in 05 CP didnt make it? So im all for what the front office did, Its a crime London Fletcher hasnt made the pro bowl, When people like Ray Lewis and John Ogden who barely playes in 06 both make the pro bowl, So sense its not set up fairly Snyder and the front office did their own thing and I think it shows he cares about the players

I think a lot of it had to do with how much *Let the filters do their job* the pro bowl is, How every year London Fletcher gets snubed? how in 05 CP didnt make it? So im all for what the front office did, Its a crime London Fletcher hasnt made the pro bowl, When people like Ray Lewis and John Ogden who barely playes in 06 both make the pro bowl, So sense its not set up fairly Snyder and the front office did their own thing and I think it shows he cares about the players

I agree with you. I think the Redskins in general are ticked off at how every Cowboy gets in every year (including the water boy), and yet deserving players like London Fletcher get ignored. They were trying to help the players.

Obviously Daniel Snyder understands that winning a Superbowl would benefit him more financially than having players in the Pro Bowl. Do people understand how much revenue a home playoff game would bring?

Somehow, the FO and ownership especially, are obssessed with who makes the pro bowl. They had a campaign for the Redskins to get voted into the pro bowl.

Yeah, that was kinda weird, wasn't it? I mean, who cares? The Pro Bowl is just a glorified beauty pageant, with sometimes undeserving talent. I don't even watch the thing.

the owner of this team and wants to get "the best" players.

I don't have a problem with them wanting the best players; they should. I have a problem with how they go about getting the best players.

More pro-bowlers= more jersey sales at the end of the season when they wouldn't be selling anything otherwise.

If I'm not mistaken, jersey sales go in to shared league revenue, and not directly to the team. So that rules that out.

Yeah, that was kinda weird, wasn't it? I mean, who cares? The Pro Bowl is just a glorified beauty pageant, with sometimes undeserving talent. I don't even watch the thing.

I don't have a problem with them wanting the best players; they should. I have a problem with how they go about getting the best players.

An example of one of the best players at the time we got him was Jerimah Trotter. He had multiple Pro Bowls and the guy came from Philly and did one thing really well and that was blitz. He could do that very well and it was great for Philly. He came here and that system didn't fit him here and he looked really bad. He went back to Philly and miraculously he went back to the pro bowl after only playing half the season for philly that year.

My point is that just because a guy is a great talent on one team doesn't necessarily make him a great talent on the other. I think that Haynesworth would be great anywhere he went because he has the physical talent to dominate. I would say though that he does have a very good DT next to him in Vanden Bosch. I just wish that the REdskins wouldn't get caught up in the hype of the pro bowl stuff and get players taht they can develop and be part of the team concept. Not worry about individuals.

Archived