Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Poll: Who Should get the Homefield Advantage in Playoffs?

#98QBKiller

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Cry me a river, dude. I've said it a million times. If a team with 4 more wins can't beat an 8-8 team than they really weren't legit to begin with. So stop crying about something that isn't likely to ever change.

That's BS. Do you think the Giants were the best team in the league last year? They weren't. They beat three teams in a row that were better than them; that's why they play the games, after all. Who wins said game is not the point. The point is that Indy won 12 games to SD's 8, and that those 12 wins came against tougher opponents. Hence, the Colts earned and deserved a home playoff game against a weaker opponent who just happened to back into winning their sub-par division.

That's BS. Do you think the Giants were the best team in the league last year? They weren't. They beat three teams in a row that were better than them; that's why they play the games, after all. Who wins said game is not the point. The point is that Indy won 12 games to SD's 8, and that those 12 wins came against tougher opponents. Hence, the Colts earned and deserved a home playoff game against a weaker opponent who just happened to back into winning their sub-par division.

And according to this, the Giants should have had a home game against T.B. last year. Lets face it Bubble, you are not seeing the point. Home games DO make a difference (usually) and home teams should have the better record.

I do not agree the Giants weren't better last year. They weren't better by RECORD , but by the time those games were played, they were better. Hot teams ..win Super Bowls. Cold teams with better records don't. May backfire on the Giants this year and if it does its fine.

How is beating your rivals a big deal when they are pop-warner caliber teams like Denver, KC, and Oakland? While we're on the subject, the NFC West is a sorry excuse of a division, too.

You can't control or predict how the divisions are going to stack up every year. There was a stretch not too long ago where even our division sucked and was easily won by Philly four straight years. It happens.

My point remains that almost no one even sniffs the playoffs without taking care of their division regardless of how good or bad it seems. Go back and look at the records I posted. Even in the strong divisions, someone managed a sweep or two. This system is fair, it works, and there is no reason to change it.

I am adamant about this because with Goodell in charge, we just might wind up with a completely different league in a few years and I would hate that. The AFL had a similar commissioner the last few years, he changed everything for no reason and ultimately killed off the sport.

Archived