Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Cut are, sign one of these guys

S DOT21

What would the cap implications be of cutting ARE? We all know he is not a #2 or #3 WR and his punt returns have been terrible.

To upgrade our WR ( Thrash is also gone and we need a vet to work with the young guys) I think we should either sign Bobby Engram OR Malcolm Floyd from the chargers. I am thinking Floyd will be expensive. Maybe Engram will be cheap. I think it would be stupid to draft a WR and we definetly need an upgrade.

I think you cut ARE if you believe that Thomas and Kelly are ready to be contributors. Otherwise, you keep him. He's a great locker room guy. This has been a really down year for him, but he can rebound. I think he has been okay (not stellar, but okay) before this year. At least he had spark and determination. The first half of 2007 he really picked it up... and then injuries crashed the rest of his year.

He's a great locker room guy.

I think this gets overlooked horribly at times. Especially when its applied to guys like Thrash and Rock. As long as they are able to continue to do what they already do, keep them on board. They are cheap and affect the team in more ways than just on the field. Chemistry goes a long way. If we go and just get the most talented guys out there, we'd be the Cowboys.

We need weapons on the field for whom defensive coaches must account. Nobody schemes for Thrash or ARE. Kelly and Thomas will be good....probably very good. ARE, if he stays, should be used only sparingly as a #4, which is what he truly is (but not for what the team is paying him).

I do think that we need to bring in a veteran receiver who has played in the WCO, but one without a history of injuries, and one who isn't 45 years old. ARE doesn't bring much to the table, IMHO. Even on what was supposedly one of his strong suits (special teams), he has proven himself lacking.....and has done so consistently. Time to move on.

Bad move.

No way the Skins go out and pay a WR in free agency after they spent three high draft picks on that position last season.

:doh:

If we can get a WR for really cheap then I dont consider that "paying for one". If we let ARE and THrash go we need one reliable WR. I think Floyd or Engram can be it. ARE would not start on most teams in this league.

Floyd might be expensive because he is a big target and having a pretty good season for SD. If he is cheap I say we go after him or Engram.
I have no idea what Floyd is making right now, the only thing I could find was that he signed a one year deal worth 500,000 for 2007.

If he hit the market after this year, guaranteed he doesn't get anything more than 3 years and maybe 2 million or so.

Archived