Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Am I the only that thinks Albert Haynesworth is a must?

Slateman

Normally, I'm that "build through the draft" guy. I'm all for it.

However, I've been watching this team all season and I see two glaring needs:

1. Pass rush

2. Offensive line depth

I thought we had fixed the pass rush by getting Jason Taylor. I still think he could be effective. But it is obvious that we need a force in the middle. Griffin is no longer that guy.

Enter Albert Haynesworth. He's a monster against the run and he's a force against the pass. And he's a free agent with no strings attached.

I think that drafting Haynesworth would allow us a little more flexibility in the draft as well. By signing him, we would essentially fix our defensive line. All we would draft defensive linemen for would be depth/future.

Furthermore, we could trade back, get an extra Day One pick, and still get some great offensive line guys. Personally, I'd love to see us trade back in to the late 20s and still grab a guy like Alex Mack. Then with an extra third rounder, we could go after a defensive line project player like Kyle Moore from USC.

Normally, I'm that "build through the draft" guy. I'm all for it.

However, I've been watching this team all season and I see two glaring needs:

1. Pass rush

2. Offensive line depth

I thought we had fixed the pass rush by getting Jason Taylor. I still think he could be effective. But it is obvious that we need a force in the middle. Griffin is no longer that guy.

Enter Albert Haynesworth. He's a monster against the run and he's a force against the pass. And he's a free agent with no strings attached.

I think that drafting Haynesworth would allow us a little more flexibility in the draft as well. By signing him, we would essentially fix our defensive line. All we would draft defensive linemen for would be depth/future.

Furthermore, we could trade back, get an extra Day One pick, and still get some great offensive line guys. Personally, I'd love to see us trade back in to the late 20s and still grab a guy like Alex Mack. Then with an extra third rounder, we could go after a defensive line project player like Kyle Moore from USC.

exactly what I am thinking!! We have a top 5 D now, and TOP 10 over the last 4-5 years so if we add a Dominate DT via Free Agency and maybe an OLB this D will be set and can become dominate. Then we can focus the draft on O-Line and continue to build our young O.

I guarantee if we sign him, he will come here and lay a big fat egg0

or step on a cowboys face!

cmon, hes a stud. maybe we shouldnt pay him a billion dollars, but we DEF need someone like him to do what griff used to do, only 2 times better

see the giants jets ravens and browns d line... all of which have a sumo wrestler for a dt

I think I'd rather pick up Gross at RT from the Panthers than Haynesworth.

It's past time to draft our own d-linemen high. No more free agents. The Giants, Steelers, Eagles, Colts, Bucs, Patriots....all teams with good d-lines that drafted their key guys.

And Haynesworth didn't really become dominate until a couple years ago. Until 2007 he was known for not living up to his potential, having questionable character, and a mediocre work ethic and taking some plays off (the whole stomping on Gurode's face incident didn't help either).

We need to just start drafting linemen left and right for the next couple years.

I think I'd rather pick up Gross at RT from the Panthers than Haynesworth.

It's past time to draft our own d-linemen high. No more free agents. The Giants, Steelers, Eagles, Colts, Bucs, Patriots....all teams with good d-lines that drafted their key guys.

And Haynesworth didn't really become dominate until a couple years ago. Until 2007 he was known for not living up to his potential, having questionable character, and a mediocre work ethic and taking some plays off (the whole stomping on Gurode's face incident didn't help either).

We need to just start drafting linemen left and right for the next couple years.

I thought about that. I'd be happy with either. But I think Haynesworth is a better DT than Gross is a RT. Not to mention, Heyer was pretty good. I think he'll be a potential stud if given another year.

We dont need Gross from Carolina. You give Heyer the job for next year and you sign a new center.

You draft Alex Mack or Duke Robinson next year

Samuels Reinhart Mack Thomas and Heyer

I agree, I think Heyer starting at RT and Jansen as a reserve is a good move.

I think Haynesworth sounds promising, but any nasty, young guy that will put pressure on the QB over what we have now, would be great.

I mean we have the TOP 5 DEFENSE, with virtually no pass rush. Imagine with just minimal pressure what our D would be. Our secondary wouldn't have to run around for ten seconds and would have close to the most picks in the NFL.

I'd love to have haynesworth just to see what he does to the complexion of our defense. Our d is among the league's elite as it stands now, and we do that with a terrible pass rush. I would much rather pick up haynesworth and draft an o-lineman than pick up gross and draft a d-lineman. Though, depending on the cost, I may be persuaded to go with the latter.

We keep saying that, but it could cost us younger players down the road. I know 2010 will be uncapped, but it hasn't been working for us to date, so maybe a new approach is in order.;)

I wasn't saying it was necessarily a good thing, (although it's nice sometimes knowing we have the wallet backing us up) but if it ever comes to money, danny doesn't hesitate. I certainly think throwing absurd amounts of money isn't always the best way to go about things, but danny doesn't.

haha, i said we should sign Haynesworth for the last couple of weeks. I think haynesworth would replace the giffin and as the OL. I think Duke Robinson, Mack, Eugene Monroe, Herman Johnson who is 391 and 6,6" 7/8. we could always get cedric dockey...derek's little brother!!!!!!

However, i do think we need to draft a defensive lineman like gerald mccory from ok, terrence cody, or B.J. Raji. Fili Mola would be nice pickup from USC also.

DE:

Aaron Maybin DE 6'3" 250 PENN STATE

Everette Brown DE 6'4" 252 FLORIDA STATE

Brian Orakpo DE 6'3" 255 TEXAS

Jerry Hughes DE 6'2" 245 TCU

Tyson Jackson DE 6'4" 295 LSU

Greg Hardy DE 6'4" 267 MISSISSIPPI

Michael Johnson DE 6'7" 259 GEORGIA TECH

George Selvie DE 6'3" 240 SOUTH FLORIDA

Antonio Coleman DE 6'2" 254 AUBURN

Larry English DE 6'2" 246 NORTHERN ILLINOIS

Michael Bennett DE 6'3" 265 TEXAS A&M

Connor Barwin DE 6'3" 247 CINCINNATI

Matthew Shaughnessy DE 6'5" 243 WISCONSIN

Cody Brown DE 6'2" 242 CONNECTICUT

that is DE, we could get if we had first or second round draft picks!!!!

We dont need Gross from Carolina. You give Heyer the job for next year and you sign a new center.

You draft Alex Mack or Duke Robinson next year

Samuels Reinhart Mack Thomas and Heyer

Heyer almost always needs a TE or the RB to stay in and help chip when he's playing good ends at the RT spot.

Maybe he needs more time, but so far he hasn't shown just enough to be the future starter. Although he did look more comfortable at the LT spot.

Heyer almost always needs a TE or the RB to stay in and help chip when he's playing good ends at the RT spot.

Maybe he needs more time, but so far he hasn't shown just enough to be the future starter. Although he did look more comfortable at the LT spot.

I think Heyer is a great pass blocker, but his run blocking certainly needs work. He's definitely a step in the right direction for our O-Line.

Archived